Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #42  
Get a standard transmission. Kids today only know PRNDL
lol
il_570xN.1598605086_3n9b - 1.jpg

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #43  
I have 2 more cogs, it's an RS turbo Focus. Pocket Rocket.

BTW, where did that neat signature picture you had go?

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #44  
I have 2 more cogs, it's an RS turbo Focus. Pocket Rocket.

BTW, where did that neat signature picture you had go?
Me? I don't know if the glitch was on my end or TBN.
I think I lost it on the PC - it's on my phone... here's a pic of my dog Tag.

Last edited:
   / Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #45  
Our 1991 Ford Explorer was parked in our garage in 1997. My wife had used it to drive me to the airport the previous night for my weekly commute (working in Europe). When she went to the garage the next morning, she found this. Actually, she took the picture with it outside as she called 9-1-1 and the fire pa was quickly over, pushed it out of the garage and used bolt cutters to sever the battery cables. State Farm paid it as totaled. Several months later we got a recall from Ford warning us of a fire risk in the power door locks/power mirror switch area. Fortunately for my wife and daughter, the fire burned itself out due to lack of oxygen. We sent the recall to State Farm hoping they could recover part of the loss paid from Ford but alas, they said, not willing to accept blame for something they issued a recall.

Attachments

• img20170310_17571765.jpg
    img20170310_17571765.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
   / Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #46  
I goggled EV burns house down.
Approximately 2 out 1000 EVs catch fire.
To date 62 people have died in Evs that burned when crashed.
I think the problem is not that they burn but the increased intensity (2500º vs 1500º for ICE vehicles) with which they burn and the difficulty in putting this fire out.

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #47  
My grandfather was one of the first to get a car. He parked it in a separate garage from the house. Maybe in the 1950s and 1960s, people started trusting them enough to keep them in attached garages? I could see someone not wanting to charge an EV anywhere near their house.

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #48  
Up to about after WWII a detached garage was the norm here… post WWII the tract housing boom on smaller lots changed that…

/ Parking Lithium powered Equipment in the house or garage #50  
Considering how complex wiring is in modern cars and the likeability of mice to chew on the insulation, I can see electrical fires in any car or truck, not just EV's.