Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #21  
Well, my L3200 & a few implements ran off today & i'm left with a small wad of cash. Gonna be hitting up local dealers shortly for:

• L4060 HSTC
  • LA805 or preferably LA1055 loader
  • R4 tires (Max width set to 72" or a bit less)
  • Loaded rears
  • 3 rear hydraulic spools (2 float for TnT & 1 detented)
  • Top & Tilt kit
  • 3rd function (extra loader hydraulic circuit)
  • High capacity alternator
  • Rear wiper kit
  • Rear defogger kit
  • Air ride seat
  • Block heater

Planning on adding front & rear LED light bars, a stereo & quick hitch myself. See anything else I'm missing?

I don't think I can justify the extra $6k for a L4760 & LA1055 over a L4060 & LA805. For some reason it can have the bigger loader that the L4060 can't, despite the only difference being an extra cylinder & couple extra HP. The bigger loader would be nice, but not critical to my operation.

A big step up. I am sure you will really enjoy having the new machine.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060
I got the HD bucket and chain hooks on mine, otherwise it looks like you're covered.
I put bucket hooks on my L3200 myself. They were great up until I got pallet forks, at which point I hardly used them again. May or may not put em on again. Just easier to hook on all the bar on the pallet forks, along with the better visibility & more positions to easily rig from.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #23  
Sounds about just like the step I made.

Went from a L3400 Gear to a

MX5100 HST, loaded tires, SSQA, front grapple/diverter, 3 rear remotes TNT, etc.

Having a cap and air ride seat would have been even nicer. But couldnt justify the money. And I'd likely have the cab beat to death by now in the woods and along tree-line edges.

I am extremely happy with my upgrade. Specifically the SSQA/grapple/diverter along with increased lift capacity.....and the remotes/TNT. I think you will like your new setup.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #24  
I put bucket hooks on my L3200 myself. They were great up until I got pallet forks, at which point I hardly used them again. May or may not put em on again. Just easier to hook on all the bar on the pallet forks, along with the better visibility & more positions to easily rig from.

I've got pallet forks as well, but mostly have a bucket or grapple on and easier to use a chain on the hooks than drive a mile or so back to the barn and put pallet forks on.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #25  
Oh, and I just noticed you want the LA1055 loader.

I could be wrong, but I believe you have to jump to the L4760 to get that.

And since we are having fun spending someone elses money........if you do have to upsize to get the bigger loader.....skip the 4760 and look at the 5460. Just to see what the price difference is, cause if they are close, I think the 5460 has some real advantages over the 4760

1. Larger front tires. At least with AG's. So check and see what the R4 offerings are.
2. Little bit stronger 3PH
3. More power:licking:
4. Turbo. Dont know what your elevation is in CO, but a turbo may be a huge benefit

Oh, and I just noticed you want the LA1055 loader.

I could be wrong, but I believe you have to jump to the L4760 to get that.

And since we are having fun spending someone elses money........if you do have to upsize to get the bigger loader.....skip the 4760 and look at the 5460. Just to see what the price difference is, cause if they are close, I think the 5460 has some real advantages over the 4760

1. Larger front tires. At least with AG's. So check and see what the R4 offerings are.
2. Little bit stronger 3PH
3. More power:licking:
4. Turbo. Dont know what your elevation is in CO, but a turbo may be a huge benefit

Ya, I want that loader, but as you noted it's only an option on the L4760 I believe. It boggles my mind as the L4060 & L4760 are the same frame & weigh within 200lbs of each other. Upselling marketing restriction I bet.

A turbo would be nice at our 6,500' of elevation, but my normally aspirated L3200 was fine. I can't justify a bigger machine. My L3200 did 90-95% of what I needed. If they made a higher HP 3000 series grand rather than the underpowered L3560 I'd probably go that route. On the Kubota website it's $6k more for a L4760 & loader over a L4060 & loader, which already is out of my budget, a 5000 series machine would be a lot more. Not to mention the additional transportation & manuverability issues.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #27  
IF the 4760 is 6k more, you have to decide how bad you want that bigger loader. Maybe the dealer can work something out IF the bigger loader will indeed bolt on. Maybe there is an axle difference to account for the ~200#, because everything else between the 4760 and 4060 look identical?? And 200# in the front axle area would be significant.

The 4760 vs 5460 is only a ~$2500 difference. So if you decide to part with the extra $6k.....just throw another $2500 with it and go all in:D

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #28  
Ya, I want that loader, but as you noted it's only an option on the L4760 I believe. It boggles my mind as the L4060 & L4760 are the same frame & weigh within 200lbs of each other. Upselling marketing restriction I bet.

A turbo would be nice at our 6,500' of elevation, but my normally aspirated L3200 was fine. I can't justify a bigger machine. My L3200 did 90-95% of what I needed. If they made a higher HP 3000 series grand rather than the underpowered L3560 I'd probably go that route. On the Kubota website it's $6k more for a L4760 & loader over a L4060 & loader, which already is out of my budget, a 5000 series machine would be a lot more. Not to mention the additional transportation & manuverability issues.

You may have said in a different thread and I just missed it, but why did you decide not to go Korean and stay with a Kubota? Money seems to go further going Korean.

As a side note, don't count on getting the "T&T" from Kubota, they are having problems again with no known date to be solved. Or so I have been told recently, over and over and over. :eek:

You may have said in a different thread and I just missed it, but why did you decide not to go Korean and stay with a Kubota? Money seems to go further going Korean.

As a side note, don't count on getting the "T&T" from Kubota, they are having problems again with no known date to be solved. Or so I have been told recently, over and over and over. :eek:

Might be hitting you up for another TnT & ditching OEM depending on how that option might delay things. ;-) Do you have a solution pre-engineereed for a L4060? Lead time still a month or 2?

I just wasn't that impressed with the only local LS, TYM & Kioti dealer.The LS & TYM machines were decent machines, but not nearly as polished as the Kubotas. Trying to get to filters & what not was hard, along with some other engineering oversights, no 2 speed HST+, etc. They were turboed, hich is nice for Colorado, but not critical where im at.

They only had a couple bigger Kiotis on the lot. They were happy to order one in, but no way I'd go that route without being able to see & drive it first.

The Koreans build a solid tractor, but not nearly as nice or premium as Kubota. They were noticably cheaper & it was very tempting, but I decided to stick with Kubota 20 minutes away rather than the only small mom & pop shop in CO selling Korean 2.5 hours away.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #30  
Might be hitting you up for another TnT & ditching OEM depending on how that option might delay things. ;-) Do you have a solution pre-engineereed for a L4060? Lead time still a month or 2?

I just wasn't that impressed with the only local LS, TYM & Kioti dealer.The LS & TYM machines were decent machines, but not nearly as polished as the Kubotas. Trying to get to filters & what not was hard, along with some other engineering oversights, no 2 speed HST+, etc. They were turboed, hich is nice for Colorado, but not critical where im at.

They only had a couple bigger Kiotis on the lot. They were happy to order one in, but no way I'd go that route without being able to see & drive it first.

The Koreans build a solid tractor, but not nearly as nice or premium as Kubota. They were noticably cheaper & it was very tempting, but I decided to stick with Kubota 20 minutes away rather than the only small mom & pop shop in CO selling Korean 2.5 hours away.

That is too bad as our 30 minute away Kioti dealer has a long row of them with more out front by the road.

IMG_20150702_102358847.jpg