Power service, white bottle

/ Power service, white bottle #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
After reading here about fuel addatives a few years ago I started adding power service in the white bottle regularly. Recent reading indicated only for really cold weather. I quit using it......until it got history breaking -15 degrees here. RTV1140 would start but not rev up and die when put in gear. Long walk to garage, got bottle of power service, return walk back to RTV, added power service, came back later, was a bit warmer and it started/starts fine and runs fine now. Never been much of a believer/supporter of addatives but will use Power Service white bottle in winter now.

/ Power service, white bottle #2  
Do you use on road or off road diesel? Also do you know if you get different seasonal formulations?

We've seen -10 to -25 here this winter and the tractor starts up each time with no additives. It's not exactly the smoothest start but she touches off and comes up to temp for some work. I use on road diesel, no additives, and I'm fairly certain the fuel is a winter formulation - whatever that is.

I've thought about using an additive just to be on the safe side, just haven't done it. Fortunately I think we're past the point of worrying this year. We may get more storms but I feel they won't be much to worry about from this point on. I'm more concerned with what happens when it all melts.

/ Power service, white bottle #3  
I used Power Service year round 60 miles south of Dallas and never used my tractors when it was below freezing weather.

/ Power service, white bottle #4  
After reading here about fuel addatives a few years ago I started adding power service in the white bottle regularly. Recent reading indicated only for really cold weather. I quit using it......until it got history breaking -15 degrees here. RTV1140 would start but not rev up and die when put in gear. Long walk to garage, got bottle of power service, return walk back to RTV, added power service, came back later, was a bit warmer and it started/starts fine and runs fine now. Never been much of a believer/supporter of addatives but will use Power Service white bottle in winter now.

I have been using the recommended amount of the white bottle additive for many years now. I have never had a problem. I don't really know if the additive is protecting me or if everything would have been fine without it, but I was never willing to risk it.

/ Power service, white bottle #5  
I too have been using PS for many years now. We have several below zero temps thru winter and need to use the tractor to plow snow. I slightly overdose my fuel w/ PS and knock on wood haven't had a problem yet.

/ Power service, white bottle #6  
I use PS white bottle in the winter only. I use on-road diesel. Honestly, I think you have to buy off-road diesel in minimum 250 gallon purchases and I have never tried finding out where to get off-road. Next time I buy, I'll have to ask if winter diesel is "formulated".

/ Power service, white bottle #7  
I use power service in the white bottle in winter (2oz to a five gallon jug). I would rather dump some PS in the fuel and think I am good to go than not and worry about freezing/gelling up. The fuel I use is #1.

/ Power service, white bottle #8  
I use PS white bottle in the winter only. I use on-road diesel. Honestly, I think you have to buy off-road diesel in minimum 250 gallon purchases and I have never tried finding out where to get off-road. Next time I buy, I'll have to ask if winter diesel is "formulated".

A few stations have off-road diesel pumps in my area (NC & SC). I don't use that much diesel and so I usually buy just six gallons at a time. I don't make special trips to buy off-road diesel, but I will buy off-road if I have a trip/errand that takes me near one of those stations.

Steve

/ Power service, white bottle #9  
Since I wasn't concerned about the cold weather, as you fellows are, I was buying my diesel at the time by the 55 gallon barrel from the wholesale distributor, same as on road diesel; never used any of that red dye stuff. I asked the guy once about the Power Service and he said if I was going to use up that diesel within 30 days, it probably didn't make any difference, but if it was going be kept longer, then the Power Service was probably a good idea.

/ Power service, white bottle #10  
You waited THIS long to use PS?! smh..... well - at least now you are a believer....