Power service, white bottle

/ Power service, white bottle #21  
I use the white bottle in the winter and the gray bottle in the summer:
From their website:

Gray Bottle (summer)
Benefits
• Cleans dirty injectors and prevents injector sticking in High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) and older systems
• Removes deposits on injectors and nozzle tips and prevents future deposits
• Boosts cetane up to 6 numbers – engines run smoother with less power lag and faster cold starts
• Boosts power – reduces need for downshifting
• Improves fuel economy up to 8%
• Contains Slickdiesel Lubricator to protect fuel pumps and injectors from increased wear caused by Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel
• Effective in all diesel fuels, including ULSD, biodiesel and biodiesel blends
• Does not contain alcohol of any kind
• Safe for use in all diesel engines
• Will not void engine manufacturer's warranty when used as directed

White Bottle (Winter)

Benefits
• Prevents fuel gelling
• Protects against fuel-filter icing
• Boosts cetane for faster cold starts
• Contains Slickdiesel Lubricator to protect fuel pumps and injectors from increased wear caused by Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel
• Effective in all diesel fuels, including ULSD and biodiesel blends
• Does not contain alcohol of any kind
• Safe for use in all diesel engines
• Will not void engine manufacturer's warranty when used as directed

/ Power service, white bottle #22  
Once you have had to walk home in freezing cold and tow your tractor you will be sold on power source additive.

There are two choices.
Before or after ----I opt for B4.

Let me tell you, with a heated cab I left wearing a minimal jacket and no gloves or hat. That winter trek back to fetch a tow cured me forever.

/ Power service, white bottle #23  
Always got a good chuckle when folks call diesel fuel additives SNAKE OIL.I wonder what they are thinking this year with record low temps?I have used Schaffers,opit-lube,stanadyne diesel additives in my dodge diesel truck(now sold)tractors and kubota RTV 900. Never had a fail to start or gelling issue the last 20 years.I usually use about 500-600 gals of diesel fuel per year.

Last edited:
   / Power service, white bottle #24  
Once you have had to walk home in freezing cold and tow your tractor you will be sold on power source additive.

There are two choices.

Let me tell you, with a heated cab I left wearing a minimal jacket and no gloves or hat. That winter trek back to fetch a tow cured me forever.
Darn heated cabs give a person a false sense of security.I love mine,LOL.

/ Power service, white bottle #25  
I add 2 glugs to every 5 gallon jug all year.

Me too, but only got the tractor in October so can't really say all year yet. However, that is my intent.

/ Power service, white bottle #26  
Myself, I use PS in the white bottle in the winter plus Cat Injector Pintle lubricant year around and Power Kleen biocide in the storage tanks. Had an issue with algae a couple years ago in B20 off road. Power Kleen is cheap insurance biocide. One time with algae (aka: red slime) will make a believer out of you and lighten your wallet considerably for replacement parts like fuel pumps and injectors.

Typically my fill is 1000 gallons at a time.....

/ Power service, white bottle #27  
Power service white for winter, power service silver for the rest of the year. No issues to date. Been doing this for at least 20 years.

/ Power service, white bottle #28  
I use white PS all year around, since I never know if I might end up with THAT batch of fuel in the winter. I buy quarts, and put 1/10 of the bottle in each 5 gal container of fuel. It's about a double dose - cheap insurance, IMHO.

/ Power service, white bottle
I stopped by Barlows yesterday and while there I told them about my RTV running/non running issue when it was -15 degrees. Steve said the fuel here will gel at that temp and it was like anyone would know that addatives have to be added here when it's really cold in tractors. I buy on road diesel at a high volume seller. I know stations here in Ky do a summer and winter blend of all fuels or so they say when prices change (up) when it starts getting cold.
Barlows had a case of 911 fuel addative and said they use it regular in winter and wouldn't consider not using it. Gary went out the door with a couple of bottles of it while I was talking to Steve. Guess Steve Barlow believes in it enough to buy it and he's a rather conservative guy with his money.
Bottom line for me is I'll be a silver summer guy and a white winter user, had been using the white year round for several years until I quit this past fall and then for the first time ever one of my Kubotas froze up. I do admit -15 degrees is a first in the 12 years I've owned Kubotas and used one of them.
Guess from now on I can/will tell an actual experience and why I use Power Service instead of I read on TBN where I should use it. :) My brother in law also came by and borrowed some of mine this past summer for some starting issue he had with his Kubota L and he's been a tractor owner for over 40 years.

/ Power service, white bottle #30  

There are two choices.

Cured you forever of what? 1) making sure of using PS? or 2) making sure of having proper outer wear? I would hope both. What if you slide off the side of the road and get stuck? The walk is just as long and cold. :confused2: