Power service, white bottle

/ Power service, white bottle #41  
White bottle year 'round since day one, and in all diesels. :) In the old NH I used to mix 50/50 w/kero during winter, but gph was noticeably higher and I got tired of mixing.

Now I used Howes as well, and nothing but #2. (1 oz/gal) Good starts down to +10F, but any colder than that I can wait for a warmup into the teens. Always work the FEL to warm hydro while waiting for the temp gauge to give me a go-ahead.

Too many diesel cars/trucks around here not to trust #2 from the pump, and brother's Jetta TDI has started reliably, sub-0, with no additives.
btw, my home-brew tender/rejuvenator has brought several batteries back from the dead. So much for 'what some guy said' ... :cool2:

I run a road grader. I blend 50/50 #2/#1 in Winter. I notice a loss in HP and an increase in fuel useage. But I never worry about gelling.

Straight #2 will work down to +20F so hopefully you would be safe far below +10F.

/ Power service, white bottle #42  
I had to go to Napa yesterday so I picked up a bottle. We have had some bitter temps this year, and while I haven't had any problems getting the tractor started it has been a little shaky on the really cold days. I figure the masses on here can't all be wrong :)

/ Power service, white bottle #43  
I had to go to Napa yesterday so I picked up a bottle. We have had some bitter temps this year, and while I haven't had any problems getting the tractor started it has been a little shaky on the really cold days. I figure the masses on here can't all be wrong :)

Use it according to the directions on the bottle and IF the forecast is for temps lower than -10F then double dose it.