Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #1  

Jtullis13

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2210D & YM 155D
Ok guys I have my PS install done and working like I want it to. I am sorry a head of time, I forgot to take a few pictures as I went a long but will do my best to describe what I did, or what happened. Tools you will need, 10mm wrench and short socket, 17mm, 19mm wrench, 3/4" wrench or socket, large crescent wrench, pipe dope, hand grinder if you use the long oil filters.
PS kit from Fredricks/Hoye
PS cylinder mounting bracket that goes over loader bracket on the left side of the frame

Bracket installed on frame

Do not forget the black spacer that slides over the large bolt at the rear of the bracket, it holds the PS cylinder up to avoid hitting the bracket

The bolts that hold the bracket to the frame are 3/4"
the 3rd bolt that goes to the transmission and block in this picture is 17mm

The factory drag link or steering link nuts with cotter key are 17mm sorry forgot to take a picture of that. The replacement nut in the kit is 19mm.
PS cylinder installed before modification to square housing

that square block does not work with long oil filters I almost punched a hole in mine. I didn't want to switch to the short oil filters because I have 4 of the long ones already in my shop and its a pain to change the short oil filters.
Here is a pic after I ground down that block as you can see the wound on my oil filter before I smoothed that piece out

The hydraulic line closest to the oil filter is the return line which is the longer of the 2 hydraulic lines
The hydraulic line on the left is the pressure line that is run over the bell housing under the fuel tank. That line is connected to the CF port on the FCR51 flow valve shown here. If you notice I used straight fittings instead of the 90 degree ones they sent in the kit, I figured better flow. The CF fitting is a 3/8 x 3/8 The EX port is 3/8 x 1/2

the right side of that FCR51 flow valve is labeled "EX" I will explain that part later
The return line is suppose to dump into your hydraulic fill port between your gear shifters, I had other plans so I routed the PS cylinder dump to a port under my seat shown here

I used a crescent wrench to remove this plug, threads are M18

The fitting shown here is a M18x1/2 elbow that went down to 3/8 to fit hydraulic line shown here

And now installed

The FCR51 Flow valve is installed on right side of the tractors bell housing bolt 17mm

Ok so the instructions say to remove the round port that connects to your hydraulic pump to feed the FCR51 valve, the valve will supply oil to the PS cylinder from the CF port and the EX port will go to your loader. I tried this and didn't like it. The PS was ok, but nothing to brag about. The loader was slow but still had lift capabilities. I decided to re-route the hydraulic lines. I left the pump feed the loader here, line from pump

to the loader valve which is line coming into the loader valve from the bottom

The line from the top of the loader valve is my Power Beyond port (PB) the line feeds the FCR51 valve from the IN port on the bottom, I also used a 45 degree elbow for better flow, I know that small applications like this it probably doesn't matter that much, but since our factor pumps only put out about 6 to 7 gpm I figured anything to make it easier to flow is a plus

The FCR51 CF port feeds the PS and the EX port now feeds the 3pt instead of going to the sump, this way the PS gets as much flow as I want to make it work really smooth and easy. pic here showing the EX to the 3pt

So back to diagram. The Pump feeds the loader valve (Koyker loader 120 is a Dinoil valve) the PB power beyond feeds the FCR51, the FCR51 CR port feeds PS, PS outflow to sump under my seat, FCR51 EX port feeds 3pt, loader valve outflow to sump between the shifters with supplied fitting in the kit which was suppose to be original sump port for PS outflow shown here.

that line is run under the dash and fuel tank out the right side to the loader outflow valve. The loader works great, smooth and fast, the PS works smooth and easy, the 3pt works slower but is able to raise my 5ft yanmar tiller, so I'm happy, my shoulder is happy, all is well. Just one catch, when using the loader the PS cuts out, I don't lose all PS function but most of it, I can still turn the wheel as before, just acts like it back to original steering is all, so I can deal with that. I can learn to lift before I turn ect. Hope everyone likes this and hope it is easy to follow. With the added parts, Hydraulic line for PB port, PB port, and extra fittings I spent an extra $65, but well worth it to me. More pics
[[URL=http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/JimBeamLover/media/2210d/IMG_1361_zpsa0pfeizf.jpg.html]]http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah114/JimBeamLover/2210d/IMG_1362_zps8no00hfh.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #2  
Wow Kudos to you and a nice clean looking install. So did it goes as smooth as you made it look or was there much swearing lol, just kidding. Great Job it pays to be mechanically inclined. Donnie

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader
Lol Donnie! I would like to say it went smoothly, but I can't. That was my plan but things always come up and yes there was a few swear words dropped here and there. thanks for the reply. I'm glad it's done, it is nice to have it.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #4  
My tractor is very close to yours so I know how much that loader was in your way the whole time. Very nice job. After seeing all the work involved I think I will just keep telling myself that my spinner knob really really helps.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #5  
Great write up and I know I will be switching some of my hoses to try it the way you plumbed it. Well done!

Thanks Scotty. I have to tell you thanks because I got the idea from you to do this in the first place. Your write up helped me with mine. Let me know if you need any help.

My tractor is very close to yours so I know how much that loader was in your way the whole time. Very nice job. After seeing all the work involved I think I will just keep telling myself that my spinner knob really really helps.
Yes the loader was in the way Ninefinger and the spinner knob helped before the PS install and now the spinner knob is even better

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #8  
You did a great job on the install and an amazing job of explaining it!

Thanks Coosa. It ended up being more work than I expected, but well worth it. I posted it because everyone here does such a great job on their postings I felt I should return the favor for anyone who needs help too.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #10  
Looks great! Thanks for sharing your excellent photos. This will make it much easier for the next person to do this conversion.

One comment, I see the PS cylinder dinged the oil filter before you adjusted it. I would jack up the left spindle until it lifts both front tires and then steer full left/right to see if anything touches the oil filter at those extremes.

I found similar gouges in the filter on my YM186D that has OEM dealer-option PS, and I think I caused that when mowing then cimbing out of a ditch with the front axle/steering at its limit. Actually while trying to get moving when the right front / left rear wheels didn't touch the ground. (Diff lock was the solution). I rotated the hydraulic cylinder a little farther from the filter, and hope this doesn't happen again.