Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader
Yep that is what happened California. What you suggested is a good idea. I forgot to mention in my write up that I drove it over areas that were very uneven and was turning the wheel to make sure it still didn't hit the filter. But I like your idea better, don't know why didn't think of that. Also thanks for your comments, I hope this does help the next person who is going to be installing a PS kit.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #12  
Could you just buy the power steering assist cylinder then just run the PB from your loader valve directly to th PS cylinder then back to the sump cutting out the diverted Valve?

You know without looking at it that does sound like it would work. I would have to sit down and make some calculations on flow and pressure for that cylinder to make sure it would work and not ruin it. Also if we would run it like that, once you use your loader you would lose power steering, due to the power beyond flow being cut off for that short period of time. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing but if you want to use both simultaneously then you'd want to have that available.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #14  
Also if we would run it like that, once you use your loader you would lose power steering, due to the power beyond flow being cut off for that short period of time.

How so ? I have PB off my loader valve for my grapple. When I use my grapple, I don't lose loader function. I can use both at the same time

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #15  
In my pby, I lose all function to that port when the loader valve is any position other then nuetral. Said another way is that when using the loader valve to curl or raise the bucket I lose power beyond.

I have the same issue with mine that Scotty has with his. PB is lost when operating the loader. That's how my loader valve is set up as far as I know.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #17  
That is why normal plumbing includes a diverter valve before steering and loader. So neither starve to death.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #18  
Just went to the tractor and checked. I'm wrong. when operating my loader. I have no grapple function. My previous statement was/ is inaccurate

That is why normal plumbing includes a diverter valve before steering and loader. So neither starve to death.

That's correct Winston, but that diverter valve doesn't have anything to do with flow from the PB. So the PB will still cut out when using any loader function. Thanks for the clarification Kenmac.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #20  
That's correct Winston, but that diverter valve doesn't have anything to do with flow from the PB. So the PB will still cut out when using any loader function. Thanks for the clarification Kenmac.

Your statement was that you would loose power steering when using the loader. If plumbed correctly with diverter valve that would not happen. Diverter valve is before loader valve and loader valve PB. Here is a picture of a Yanmar factory diverter valve. Flow splits from it, part going to steering, part to plumbed in loader valve.

Attachments

• 100_5429.jpg
    100_5429.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 166