Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader
Winston thanks for the picture and clarification on the diverter valve. What model of yanmar do you have? Was it a factory PS or aftermarket? My 2210d doesn't have that valve, or at least I don't think it does. I will have to check when I get home, but I haven't noticed it yet.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #22  
I had a YM2002D but other models came with that factory power steering setup. Pretty confident you would find that diverter valve on only the factory installed units. Pretty sure the hydraulics past the diverter valve were just a tad slower than the models without power steering.

Gotcha, that makes sense and explains why the hydraulics would be slower on a model with factory PS. Thanks for the info Winston.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #24  
I think I will just plumb my PS from my PB port directly to my cylinder then back to the sump using the Adapter from Hoye tractor.

Been fixing this little tractor up for about a year now, originally purchased for $440. I am in the process of building my own loader.

Last edited:
   / Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #25  
IMG_0471.JPGIMG_0864.JPGIMG_0867.JPGIMG_0869.JPGIMG_0870.JPG

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #26  
I think I will just plumb my PS from my PB port directly to my cylinder then back to the sump using the Adapter from Hoye tractor.

Been fixing this little tractor up for about a year now, originally purchased for $440. I am in the process of building my own loader.

Welcome to the forum. :welcome: Wow, what a deal, so you have a couple of Yanmars?

Thinking your power steering will cut out when you use your loader, that is if you are talking about the power beyond on the loader control valve. Not saying it won't work, just saying it may skip a heartbeat or two. I may not be understanding correctly.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #27  
I agree - regarding the Power Beyond on the loader valve. When the loader valve calls for fluid to raise the boom or bucket, the power beyond port will be closed off and you will lose power steering. You may think that's not that big of deal, but I found I am turning and using the loader at the same time pretty frequently.

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #28  
All pictures are of the same tractor. I purchased this tractor off a fellow LEO as it sat in the woods behind his house for three years before selling this unit to me. Tractor was in bad shape but was mechanically sound. Typical busted steering gear box, dry rotted tires rust everywhere.
Anyways I was replying on this thread in reference to my PS options. I was thinking of A.) Buying a bigger hydraulic pump possibly from Hoye and using the diverter valve. B.) Installing a second Hydro pump that runs of the engine belt and adding a second Hydro system to run the PS separately (probably the most expensive option. C.) Just running the PS with my original set up using the PB port directly to the PS and back to the sump.
Any suggestions would be helpful

/ Power steering install on my Yanmar 2210d with Koyker 120 loader #29  
I think I will just plumb my PS from my PB port directly to my cylinder then back to the sump using the Adapter from Hoye tractor. Been fixing this little tractor up for about a year now, originally purchased for $440. I am in the process of building my own loader.

I agree with Winston and Scotty. Plumbing it that way you will loose PS function when using your loader. Not a huge deal, but can be an annoyance like Scotty said, you will find yourself using the loader and PS at the same time more than you think. Scotty and I both have figured that out, hence the reason we made a decision to plumb a completely different way. But not everyone will have the same opinions or needs for the loader and PS function at the same time or speed.