Power Trac Update

/ Power Trac Update
Tractorgolf:
The only implement I have of that type is a york rake that I made myself. They do not sell one, they sell a power rake wich is supposed to be very good. I have never used a power rake but some of the post I have read say very good things about them. I think with the rototiller you would could go forwards? My rake works excellent in reverse ONCE YOU GET USED TO IT. Backing up a articulating machine is a completly different feeling and you need seat time to master it. Having the implement in front of you has the advantage of being able to add a lot of down force quickly and removing it just as fast. The rake has worked well, I saw the box blade and don't think it would work well in my area. It is very rocky in this part of CT. The hydralics work very quickly and are extremly strong.

/ Power Trac Update
Kcook:
The bucket has been great, it is rated for 800lbs but I have had well over that in it. I have not lost traction but have had a big enough log in the bucket that it lifted the back completly of the ground, while this sounds dangerous it is not. The machine remains very stable still. Because of the speed of the hydralics and shape of the bucket with teeth I now pick up logs in the bucket with out leaving my seat, no chains required.

Moving snow with the plow was easy unless it was over a foot and you where on gravel, it still worked well but took more work. I was wondering if I would need chains but after a record year for snow I don't think I will.

The only problems I have had are a blown fuse for the fan after I wedged a branch in it, I repaced the fuse and it was just like new. I cleared a large parking lot of it's snow banks and after about 3 hours of hard use the tractor made a high pitch noise. I called the company and they explained to me that some times a very small piece of slag from welding the tank gets by there cleaning process and when it gets to the filter you can hear it. They told me how to change the filter (wich they include a spare) and bleed the system. It took about 5 minutes and I have not had a problem since. (60 hours later)
There are distinct differences between the three models:
The pt418 has a Robin 18hp motor with no external fan or oil cooler.
The pt422 has a Robin 22hp motor with an external fan and oil cooler.
The pt425 has a Kohler 25hp motor with an external fan and oil cooler, it also has a roll bar and 3/16 inch steel rain cover.
I chose the pt425 because of the roll bar and the Kohler motor wich is reliable and any small motor repair shop will work on.

I got my tractor stuck in the mud the other day and rememberd what a friend of mine told me about articulating loaders when I mentioned that I had a machine that articulates. He called it waggling. You just turn the wheel from one side to the other and the machine just crawls out.

Yes the attachments are as easy to put on as the adds say. You only have to get off if your implement requires a hydralic hook up. (quick connects)

Let me no if you have any other questions, Rich

/ Power Trac Update #23  
<font color=blue>He called it waggling. </font color=blue>
Rich, I guess thats as good a name for it as any/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
I once saw a guy to that with a Cat 988 loader. He was trying to clean out a muddy creek when he got stuck. Since he was in mud up to the middle of his hubs and had to climb a bank to get out, I bet his foreman lunch he couldn't do it. I lost. But it was worth a hamburger to see that monster crawling out of that mess.

Ernie

/ Power Trac Update #24  
WillingtonPizza,
How did you get your Power Trac, did you have to pick it up, or did they deliver? What attachments did you get? How is the company to work with? Any advice for a possible new buyer?
Thanks,
Kevin

/ Power Trac Update
I had them ship it with a private shipper, it cost me $900. They were great to talk with and there service department was very good to talk with. I got the snow plow small bucket with teeth and the 60" mower deck, they all work great and are built excellent. I made a york rake for it. My next three purchases will be a brush cutter, stump cutter and a power rake (harley type). Will have to wait until the end of summer, we are building a barn right now and I can't swing the extra dough till then.

I don't know where you live but if you can get to the factory they will give you a tour of the facilitie, give you a maintnance class on there machines, let you try various tractors and put you up in a hotel for free.

Good luck Rich

/ Power Trac Update #26  
Thanks Rich for the great information!

What part of the US do you live in?

Kevin

/ Power Trac Update
Kevin:
I live in Willington, Connecticut. If you are within driving distance you can check out my tractor.

Rich

/ Power Trac Update #28  
Carpenter,
Have to gotten your PowerTrac yet and how do you like it? Any problems? What attachment do you have?
kevin

/ Power Trac Update #29  
Well guys, I just about had my mind made up about which Power Trac I was going to purchase but then they just came out with a 2422 model. This is the same size as the 400 series tractors but with the capabillity of having a backhoe attachment. I am definitely going to have to take a ride to the factory to see if this model will suit my needs or be just a little too much machine for my purposes. They don't have much information available on this model yet, but I will keep you posted when I learn more information.
Still undeceided,
TractorGolf

/ Power Trac Update #30  
TractorGolf,
I would like to know how things go when you go to the factory, my wife and I are interested as well!