Power Trac Update

/ Power Trac Update #31  
Rich,
I my wife and I get out that way we will let you know. Please let me know if you get any new attachments!
Thanks again
Kevin

/ Power Trac Update #32  
Kjc, I'm sorry for the late reply, but life gets complicated at times.
I,ve had my PT425 for about two months. I live in Oregon, so shipping was a rather expensive $1,500; that was for the tractor and two pallets of implements. If you have a choice don't use Overnite Freight; they took forever and the tractor had lots of paint missing when it arrived.
I purchased a 60" finish mower, cement mixer, post hole auger, small and large buckets, rake, forks, boxscraper and snow blade. I've used the mower a lot and it works well; it's nice having it mounted on the front. The cement mixer is also handy; you can mix and then dump it right in the hole. I haven't used the rest enough to really give an honest opinion.
The tractor has worked well after one initial problem. When it arrived, the throttle wasn't working properly. The low end throttle stop on the engine is too flimsy, so when you throttle down the adjustment screw goes past and gets stuck. Once I realised this I was careful not to push too far forward on the lever; but it's something Kohler should take care of. Other than that, the tractor has run great. I love the auto attachment feature; easy to do and easy on my back. As WP has already said, driving an articulated rig takes some getting used to.
Like everything in life, the Power Trac has it's pros and cons. The front mounted attachments are great for mowing, plowing snow, post hole auger, etc. but not so good for rakes and boxscrapers. The hydro drive is nice but you can get in trouble if you're operating at high rpm; it moves Fast!! All in all I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

/ Power Trac Update #33  
I know what you mean, dont worry about it!
Down the road please let me know how the post hole digger works, how the buckets work, rake, forks and the snow blade. These are all option I was looking at. I am not in any hurry!
Thanks again!
Kevin

/ Power Trac Update #34  
To any and all PowerTrac owners. How is your attachments working! Please let me know, how and what type you have?
Thanks
Kevin

/ Power Trac Update #35  
I have the 60 inch deck, small bucket with teeth and the power angle snow blade. All work extremly well
and are over built like the tractor. My next two purchases will be the rotary cutter and the stump
grinder. I hope to purchase these this fall.
Good luck: PTRich

/ Power Trac Update #36  
Thanks PTRich, I will be asking about them as well later on this year! Any problems with pushing wet snow?
KCook

/ Power Trac Update #37  
We had a lot of wet snow this year, a lot more than I ever remember. When the snow was a foot deep or more and wet I had to turn into the snow a little when the plow was angled, this works very well with an articulating machine. I have a very long gravel driveway that is hilly with turns. I may put chains on it if we have another year like this one. The snow had to be very deep to stop it when the plow was straight.

Good Luck, PTRich

/ Power Trac Update #38  
PTRich, do you have any problem moving dirt with the bucket or the blade? How about gravel?
KCook

/ Power Trac Update #39  
Works great for moving dirt and gravel, I have the small bucket but it is deep so you can realy heep it on. It loads quickly and the hydralics are very fast and strong

Good Luck PTRich

/ Power Trac Update #40  
Have been reading earlier threads and came on your thread regarding new pruchase of the PT425. Now that you have had it for some time can you give me an update on your recommendations regarding machine and attachments? I will also be shipping to the West (Montana) and any suggestions on how to do this without damage wil be appreciated. I would even consider picking up and driving back myself. Understand there is a tax issue that I think could be handled by a tax exempt form but not sure. Most of the attachements you purchased are the ones that I am looking at with exception of box blade and rake. I will not need the PT trailer but would pick up a double axle 18 footer and put some low sides on.
Paul