PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab.

/ PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #1  

AirOpsMgr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5310SE, Scag Cheetah II 72"
Hi all, wondering if anyone could help me diagnose an issue with the PTO not engaging on a 2023 Kioti DK5310SE HST cab model (150 ish hours).

I've read some posts on TBN and other sites to try to self-diagnose, but no luck so far.

What I know:
• When engaging the PTO yellow push-switch, the PTO does not engage and no light on the dash indicating PTO running.

• With tractor off and PTO switch on, tractor will not start, with PTO switch off, Tractor will start.

• Disassembled the fender mounted PTO switch housing just to check if there was a wiring issue, but since the tractor won't start with the PTO switch in the on position, I think I'm safe assuming the issue is not with the switch.

• Checked fuse in the fuse block, PTO is one of the larger square type, outter cover comes off, not sure how to remove it / test it.

• Checked Hyd fill level, it's full

• Tried raising and lowering the 3 point multiple times, no joy.

• Reading online posts with similar issues, I see multiple threads about checking a relay on the firewall, but I don't have the same relays I see mentioned - the only relays I see on mine are located to the left side of the fuse panel and just 2 of them, one above the other, none center-mounted.

And lastly, yes, it's still under warranty, but the dealer is over an hour and 20 mins away and each time I've taken it back for warranty work, it's there for at least 2.5 - 3 weeks before they get to it (always citing some issue with a mechanic being off or short staffed, etc).

I'm at the point that I'd rather pay a mobile repair person to fix it than to have it sit at the dealer since I intentionally took all next week off from travel to work at home and get caught up on tractor work, but before I get to that point, can anyone advise exactly where the PTO relay / solenoid are located so I can try to fix it myself first?

If my last resort is to call a mobile tech, can anyone also advise what the max I should be paying for such a diagnosis (just so I know what I should expect & not get snuckered).

Thanks all!

Brgds,
Greg

/ PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #2  
   / PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #4  
Go to michiganiron website. Youll find some good info there. On my 2010 dk45 the pro relay is under the steering wheel/dash cover.

Last edited:
   / PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab.
Go to michiganiron website. Youll find some good info there. On my 2010 dk45 the pro relay is under the steering wheel/dash cover.
Thanks, I'll have a look under the dash cover.

Edited to add:

They dont list a DK5310SE on their list, but thanks for the suggestion.

Brgds,
Greg

Last edited:
   / PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #7  
Was one of the options like HST cruise control be on? My memory is fuzzy but I think I ran into the same problem a couple years ago when my tractor was new. I know that Linked pedal does not do that because I used the PTO today to drive a post hole digger and I had it on. I also have PTO cruise and perhaps that has to be off before you turn on the PTO.

Dave

Was one of the options like HST cruise control be on? My memory is fuzzy but I think I ran into the same problem a couple years ago when my tractor was new. I know that Linked pedal does not do that because I used the PTO today to drive a post hole digger and I had it on. I also have PTO cruise and perhaps that has to be off before you turn on the PTO.

Dave
Yeah, unfortunately that wasn't the issue (I have PTO cruise buttons & I checked the rocker switches several times to confirm, don't have the linked pedal option on mine).

Kinda leaning toward a relay, solenoid, or the big square fuse labeled PTO that I don't know how to remove, lol. If I can find the relay or solenoid, I can probably narrow it down from there...

/ PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #9  
Switch might be spdt or sp3t -if so may have different circuits through the same switch. Start circuit could be good but engagement circuit bad, so the fact that it prevents starting doesn't guarantee the switch is good.
Suggest pulling the switch and checking each individual throw with an ohmmeter

Switch might be spdt or sptt -if so may have different circuits through the same switch. Start circuit could be good but engagement circuit bad, so the fact that it prevents starting doesn't guarantee the switch is good.
Suggest pulling the switch and checking each individual throw with an ohmmeter
Copy that and appreciate the feedback, unfortunately, I'm not skilled in testing with a meter (I do have a very nice meter given to me by my FIL who was an electrician, but I lack the knowledge / training to use it, I regret to say).

Perhaps this situation will be best left to a professional and maybe I can get him to show me how he isolated the problem so I can learn how to use the dang meter, lol