PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab.

/ PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #31  
i just replaced the existing halogen with led. didnt have to change any wiring

/ PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab.
i just replaced the existing halogen with led. didnt have to change any wiring
I did that with my headlights and the front and rear work lights using Auxito LEDs and it worked well, but wanting side lights to provide more light coverage.

Even with the LED bulb swaps, I'm still considering replacing the overhead work lights with flood Pods down the road, the stock reflectors in the work lights create more of a spot pattern than a flood.

I have some Rigid D-SS pro flood lights on my UTV, one of those is brighter and a wider flood pattern than both of the OEM work lights combined (with LED bulbs installed); Not sure I need that much light though, lol

/ PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #33  
Hi all, wondering if anyone could help me diagnose an issue with the PTO not engaging on a 2023 Kioti DK5310SE HST cab model (150 ish hours).

I've read some posts on TBN and other sites to try to self-diagnose, but no luck so far.

What I know:
• When engaging the PTO yellow push-switch, the PTO does not engage and no light on the dash indicating PTO running.

• With tractor off and PTO switch on, tractor will not start, with PTO switch off, Tractor will start.

• Disassembled the fender mounted PTO switch housing just to check if there was a wiring issue, but since the tractor won't start with the PTO switch in the on position, I think I'm safe assuming the issue is not with the switch.

• Checked fuse in the fuse block, PTO is one of the larger square type, outter cover comes off, not sure how to remove it / test it.

• Checked Hyd fill level, it's full

• Tried raising and lowering the 3 point multiple times, no joy.

• Reading online posts with similar issues, I see multiple threads about checking a relay on the firewall, but I don't have the same relays I see mentioned - the only relays I see on mine are located to the left side of the fuse panel and just 2 of them, one above the other, none center-mounted.

And lastly, yes, it's still under warranty, but the dealer is over an hour and 20 mins away and each time I've taken it back for warranty work, it's there for at least 2.5 - 3 weeks before they get to it (always citing some issue with a mechanic being off or short staffed, etc).

I'm at the point that I'd rather pay a mobile repair person to fix it than to have it sit at the dealer since I intentionally took all next week off from travel to work at home and get caught up on tractor work, but before I get to that point, can anyone advise exactly where the PTO relay / solenoid are located so I can try to fix it myself first?

If my last resort is to call a mobile tech, can anyone also advise what the max I should be paying for such a diagnosis (just so I know what I should expect & not get snuckered).

Thanks all!

Brgds,
Greg

/ PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #34  
Had similar issue on my Ds45, found out that the back of my foot had rubbed against the speed selector lever and turned it all the way to slow. When I repositioned the lever to midway - low and behold the pto started functioning, easy fix for me - best of luck to you.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #35  
If my last resort is to call a mobile tech, can anyone also advise what the max I should be paying for such a diagnosis (just so I know what I should expect & not get snuckered).
My mobile tech is $125 an hour with a 2 hour minimum, port to port, in Oregon, he can do anything, has a great rig and all the tools!

Thanks guys & good info; tracked down the issue to a bad relay for the PTO circuit.

My mobile tech is $125 an hour with a 2 hour minimum, port to port, in Oregon, he can do anything, has a great rig and all the tools!
The only mobile tech I could find was a week out, $200 for trip fee & $95/hr, so I'm glad I was able to find the issue on my own.

/ PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #38  
Hi all, wondering if anyone could help me diagnose an issue with the PTO not engaging on a 2023 Kioti DK5310SE HST cab model (150 ish hours).

I've read some posts on TBN and other sites to try to self-diagnose, but no luck so far.

What I know:
• When engaging the PTO yellow push-switch, the PTO does not engage and no light on the dash indicating PTO running.

• With tractor off and PTO switch on, tractor will not start, with PTO switch off, Tractor will start.

• Disassembled the fender mounted PTO switch housing just to check if there was a wiring issue, but since the tractor won't start with the PTO switch in the on position, I think I'm safe assuming the issue is not with the switch.

• Checked fuse in the fuse block, PTO is one of the larger square type, outter cover comes off, not sure how to remove it / test it.

• Checked Hyd fill level, it's full

• Tried raising and lowering the 3 point multiple times, no joy.

• Reading online posts with similar issues, I see multiple threads about checking a relay on the firewall, but I don't have the same relays I see mentioned - the only relays I see on mine are located to the left side of the fuse panel and just 2 of them, one above the other, none center-mounted.

And lastly, yes, it's still under warranty, but the dealer is over an hour and 20 mins away and each time I've taken it back for warranty work, it's there for at least 2.5 - 3 weeks before they get to it (always citing some issue with a mechanic being off or short staffed, etc).

I'm at the point that I'd rather pay a mobile repair person to fix it than to have it sit at the dealer since I intentionally took all next week off from travel to work at home and get caught up on tractor work, but before I get to that point, can anyone advise exactly where the PTO relay / solenoid are located so I can try to fix it myself first?

Thanks all!

Brgds,
Greg
the no start when PTO switch is on is correct,but that is a seperate mode in the PTO switch, I would check the switch with a test light to see if you have power going in & power coming out when switch is on

/ PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #39  
I had the same problem awhile back. Ran inside to visit with my grandson. Came back to tractor and the tractor would not lift the mowing deck. Ran it in reverse and parked the tractor. Next day I checked the tractors fluids. Someone had come by with one of those oil manual fluid extractor and removed all my transmission fluids. I had a 5 gallon container. Filled tractor and it worked again. You might want to check your fluids. Plug should be under seat.

/ PTO inop (Now fixed) - Kioti DK5310SE HST Cab. #40  
I had the same problem awhile back. Ran inside to visit with my grandson. Came back to tractor and the tractor would not lift the mowing deck. Ran it in reverse and parked the tractor. Next day I checked the tractors fluids. Someone had come by with one of those oil manual fluid extractor and removed all my transmission fluids. I had a 5 gallon container. Filled tractor and it worked again. You might want to check your fluids. Plug should be under seat.
That’s a first for me!