Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #41  
I have a pull behind New Holland Sickle Bar Mower for sale, It is in perfect condition. I bought it thinking that someone with a farmall or non 3 P.T. Equipped tractor would be interested. Email me if you are interested. thanks.......Tractorman

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower
Tractorman,
I sent you an Private Message with my email address in it. Thanks for the reply. Kent

Well I sent email to Befco about their Sicklebar mower yesterday for information. I got email today that the info is on it way, and the mower will work fine with my tractor. Anyone have any idea of price? I've got two dealers in the area, but I don't want to have sticker shock. Also anyone ever see one of these units? Thanks for everyone's help in the past. Kent

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #45  
Oops, I guess I came along a bit late. Is it better late than never or never than late? I too, was figuring out that I would like a small 3PH mounted PTO driven Sicklebar mower. I too have ponds that are a pain to mow around with a 6ft brush hog. Can't get close enough to do the deed without getting into the soft and risking erosion starting ruts. Even when I can get close it is by backing up toward the water, pulling forward at an angle and backing again to get another bite. This is way slow and on a dam real tedious and dangerous, not a good combination.

I could mow closer to obstacles and under places with clearance problems. Given the prices discussed for a new unit like a New Holland 451, I know I am definitely looking for a used unit and smaller would be OK also.

I thought of the lawnmower on a boom idea as well and it might work pretty well, given that I have hydraulic TnT to help position it. I would rather buy a small sicklebar than have to devote too much time to tinkering and prototyping just now. Time is at too great a premium for a while.

Any leads or suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe I have been looking for sicklebars in all the wrong places but the used equip sites I have searched produced nothing...nada, zip, zilch, not a darned single used one.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,
Well I looked on all the used sites also. Not much luck for me either. I found the Befco site, and I'm waiting for info from them. I did find a NH 451 for $2500 on Ag Dealer. Still a bit high for what I want to do. Still no answer on my PM mentioned earlier. Good Luck to you. Kent

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #48  
Just checked Ebay site. It was not a valid #. It either went between the time you saw it and now or there is a defugalty (AKA SNAFU)

Thanks for trying.

Patrick

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #49  
I copied the link into a browser window and the sickle bar mower auction came right up. The current bid is $25.

Here's the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1758773140>link</A>, no copying and pasting needed.

Thanks for the help MikePa,
Another fine job by one of our great moderator. You guys are underpaid. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
Kent