Pull behind snowblower

/ Pull behind snowblower #21  
flyingcow said:
I've yet to go out and clear the drive until the storm is over, with the exception if someone needs to get out or in. For me it works best to wait until its all over with. 4 inches or 3 feet. Thats why i love my 16x16 trans. Incredible creeper gears. Still would like to try a pull type.

That is the same reason we bought a power shuttle, lots of choices.

You would not be disappointed with a pull type.

/ Pull behind snowblower #22  
That is the same reason we bought a power shuttle, lots of choices.

You would not be disappointed with a pull type.

Now that i think about it, I probably wouldn't be disappointed. the occasional big azzed storm, once you break a path it would be a breeze.

/ Pull behind snowblower #23  
Now that i think about it, I probably wouldn't be disappointed. the occasional big azzed storm, once you break a path it would be a breeze.

Yupp, I agree. Dad broke many a path with our Ol' 35, never had an issue getting through either. And, no sore neck. :)

/ Pull behind snowblower #24  
In my opinion the biggest disadvantage is that by driving over the snow you are packing down what you hope to remove. This doesn't work well for snow or when leveling soil. I've seen the videos on Youtube but the pull behind wouldn't work for me.

/ Pull behind snowblower #25  
In my opinion the biggest disadvantage is that by driving over the snow you are packing down what you hope to remove. This doesn't work well for snow or when leveling soil. I've seen the videos on Youtube but the pull behind wouldn't work for me.

Bigturk:

I don't have a pull-behind (yet), but our snow in NH typically isn't too heavy, and doesn't create a problem w/ a rear 7/ blade. Maybe you get the ocean-sprayed snow?

/ Pull behind snowblower #26  
What happens if you have snow too deep for the tractor to drive through? All the snow-blowing power in the world isn't going to make a difference if you can't drive forward to feed snow into the blower.

The MF35 has a lot of ground clearance and large tires. I assume ag tires.

I don't think he'll have that problem, like one might have with a small compact tractor.

/ Pull behind snowblower #27  
Bigturk:

I don't have a pull-behind (yet), but our snow in NH typically isn't too heavy, and doesn't create a problem w/ a rear 7/ blade. Maybe you get the ocean-sprayed snow?

Hi daveinnh,

Yes, our snow in Nova scotia is usually very wet. We get the snow that you don't want to keep in NH, only a day or so later.

/ Pull behind snowblower #28  
In defense of Lucknow (Helm Welding) blowers, in 7 years of blowing snow (and ocassional planks and cinder blocks along with some gravel), the only maintenance I've performed on the blower was a gear oil change last year, just because I thought it to be prudent and greasing the outer auger supports and oiling the chain drive for the auger. That's it other than greasing the universals on the PTO driveline. Nothing has broken, nothing has worn out and the blue paint is still intact, much to my chagrin......:)

I did add a set of skid shoes when I first bought it, ala Meyers round floating shoes.

I had a Landpride prior to the Lucknow and it wasn't even close to being as well built.

It sits all summer, next the barn in it's blue splendor, awaiting the snow that always comes.....:laughing:

/ Pull behind snowblower #30  
Have you had that much snow in one storm?? We have, but still got it blown. If the weather gets bad, it gets blown during
Ing the storm. Don't wait until the storm is over. Plus, driveway was open, no trees, or any kind of shelter, no snow fence.

If it is that deep, you are going to have problems with a reverse blower too.

Rarely do we get a big dump at one time; but Xmas '82 and T'givin' '83 were huge storms that shut the Denver metro area down. We've had a few others that caused serious problems; but nothing like '82 and '83.

Anyway, I don't tolerate cold well and so I tend to wait till the storm is over and things warm up a bit and the wind isn't blowing.