Ratchet Rake

/ Ratchet Rake #11  
My friend and I both have them. Work well. My friend loves his for maintaining gravel driveway. I like my for ripping out honey suckle!

Exactly my usage last summer! That was really fun!

/ Ratchet Rake #12  
I used my Ratchet Rake today for piling up old hay in the pasture that the donkeys didn't eat. I didn't want to scoop up the soil, which the bucket by itself would have done, but the ratchet rake pushed up the hay while leaving the soil behind. I have used it to loosen up the stone dust footing in our riding ring, to fill potholes in gravel driveways, to rip out brush, and to prepare a seed bed for grass. Well worth the money.

/ Ratchet Rake #13  
Here's another option.......take a look at the Piranha tooth bar.....I have one. Great product.....built to last....great for clearing brush and light digging. Put one on about two months ago.....have never removed it.
BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar

/ Ratchet Rake #14  
Thanks, Carl NH. That helps. I'll look into the York LR.

/ Ratchet Rake #15  
RR and rocks (bigger rocks) aren't good - around here we have ledge and embedded rocks and I got the RR to clean up after stump removal. Trouble was the RR kept skipping over the embedded rocks and losing the load.

So I used the York landscape rake better for this job anyway. Also the RR is something you have to remove to do FEL work so a tooth bar for you may be better.

Ill have to agree with you on this. I had a landscape rake for awhile and it is better for cleaning up rock. I also used a box blade with serrated cutting edge and it works fair but I think the rake worked better. That rake did not work good in brush. You are pulling stuff out of the spring teeth all of the time

/ Ratchet Rake #16  
Anyone using a ratchet rake in addition to a grapple (obviously not at the same time)?

I'm anxiously awaiting my grapple delivery and am thinking about how to clear the remnants of the brush pile.

/ Ratchet Rake #17  
Anyone using a ratchet rake in addition to a grapple (obviously not at the same time)?

I'm anxiously awaiting my grapple delivery and am thinking about how to clear the remnants of the brush pile.

I do not have a grapple but can see their advantage. I work for a construction company and have used thumbs on a track hoe and also a clamp bucket. They work similar and are very handy indeed. I do have clamp on forks for my tractor and they work kind of good for brush piles. A lot better than a bucket by itself. I would say a grapple would be the Cadillac in brush removal.

/ Ratchet Rake #18  
I just had one shipped my way... will need to report back on my findings.

The only one in stock right now is the 72"

/ Ratchet Rake #19  
I use a Grapple, Ratchet Rake, and Landscape Rake. Just finished clearing about an acre of pretty dense undergrowth, sapplings and trees to put in another pasture for my horses. Each of the items (RR, Grapple, LR) were used in the process. Grapple was used to pick up trees and larger stuff we pushed over with a large Front-end Loader and keep feeding the burn pile. Ratchet Rake was used to scrape out the vines, roots, etc, and the Landsccape rake was used to flatten everything out and mix the ashes in from the burn. Gonna disc the whole area and hit it with a drag harrow next week.

If I could only have either RR or Landscape Rake, I would recommend the Ratchet Rake.

/ Ratchet Rake #20  
I recently found myself in the same boat. I decide on the piranha bar, since it was something I could leave on all the time. I cannot comment on how well it works, since I have not used it yet. I hope to mount it and use it tomorrow or Monday, but I have high hopes for it based on all the reviews from owners on this forum.