Ratchet Rake

/ Ratchet Rake #41  
I'm presently using mine to establish/clear about 3/4 mile of property/fence line. I live in a second growth pine forest and using it on a JD210LE heavy tractor. I'm clearing brush and pushing over up to 14-16" trees, moving them to the side, filling the root holes and making the lanes 12' wide roads. About 1/2 mile almost done and except for the paint, they look new.

Sometimes I put my FEL all the way down/forward to I can use the larger teeth to smooth our the dirt. sometimes I just flatten the bucket and drag the dirt in reverse to level out with the smaller teeth.

Loving my RR.

/ Ratchet Rake #42  
Are you able to clear roots this way?

My brother asked me what is the best way to clear sections of an old tree farm and prepare for new seedlings...

Didn't really have an answer.

He has it is disposal a Kubota L3800 and a Deer 350C dozer with front blade only.

/ Ratchet Rake #43  
I am clearing the brush, trees and roots. The trees push over tree and rootball. Then I will have my neighbor finalize the roadwork with his dozer.

/ Ratchet Rake #44  
I'm guessing the dozer has a root rake?

/ Ratchet Rake #45  
I'm presently using mine to establish/clear about 3/4 mile of property/fence line. I live in a second growth pine forest and using it on a JD210LE heavy tractor. I'm clearing brush and pushing over up to 14-16" trees, moving them to the side, filling the root holes and making the lanes 12' wide roads. About 1/2 mile almost done and except for the paint, they look new.

Sometimes I put my FEL all the way down/forward to I can use the larger teeth to smooth our the dirt. sometimes I just flatten the bucket and drag the dirt in reverse to level out with the smaller teeth.

Loving my RR.

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=10457651

The JD210LE - looks like 15,000Lbs machine or more with rippers and 4WD - awesome machine.