Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica)

/ Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica)
On youtube Aurora diesel generator has parts for sale, you can check out. They also have some operating and maintence tips that are worth looking at. I own a china diesel with low hours and if your in the market for a china diesel be sure to flush the engine and oil filter out,due to the amount of loose metal particles in the crankcases..

Thanks for the tip on youtube...i'll check it out. Since you have one of these, heres a few questions:

How do you like it overall?
What brand is it?
Although low hours, how old is it?
What is is used for?
and finally-would you buy another one?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Also, I saw a youtube video from a "bluetrepidation" link YouTube - ~10HP Air Cooled China Diesel Info and Tips and he also advised to look for shavings and change the oil after very little run time.

Diesel would be cool but would be noisy.

No disrespect intended, but I have an '05 Dodge 2500 with a 5.9L Cummins diesel in it and I went to Texas to find one just like I wanted, one of those features was a standard 6 speed tranny. This was because Dodge auto tranny's aren't worth piss and because I could put a 5" straight pipe from the turbo charger back and it would be nice and LOUD! I live in the country, work in (heavy) construction, and dont mind the noise. That may change in 30 years when I cant hear, but for now I kinda like it. LOL.

I would go with gas motor but If ya want cool factor and money is no object, then be cool and get the diesel.

I have one question where do you find offroad diesel for half the price of gas? We have Offroad diesel delivered and and only save about .40 an gallon.
I like the cool factor and am doing everything i can to save up for it, but more so than anything, I want to run it at a less-than-full-throttle speed and still have low end torque.

I too would like to know where off road is half the price of gas! I'll run off road in this splitter not only to save cost (as little as it would be) but because I have it in my truck's bulk tank. Just an FYI, off road in Ohio is also about $.40 less than on road.

Personally I would go for a good quality gas engine on the splitter. How many hours do you run the splitter in a season, are you commercial? I am still splitting with a 15 year old MTD 20 ton splitter using the original Briggs gas engine. I heat with wood and regularly split a tri-axle load of logs each year. Although I try and do my splitting in the Fall, on occasion I find myself working in very cold weather, wonder how the diesel would start, especially with a pull starter. Also, 5 gallons of gas will split a lot of wood with my little 20 ton unit, I can't magine the fuel savings would offset the expense of a diesel engine. Good luck, keep us posted.

I could spend the same money, if not a bit more and get a Honda GX270 9HP gasser, but I want a diesel. Just because. Well, also fuel economy, noise, torque, tad bit cheaper fuel, and noise (yes, again). Not sure on the hours of run time but I split about 6 cords of ash, oak and hickory for our house and dang near that again for my father in law, and if I have any left over, I sell the split, seasoned wood in December or January when it's prime firewood selling time. I just sold a 22 ton TSC splitter and didnt really like it. The little 6 or so horse Briggs engine sucked down gas worse than I do Pabst Blue Ribbons. On almost full throttle (for power) a tank (about 40 ounces) might last me 45 minutes. I would rather split in the winter when it's pretty cold out. Keeps my beer cold, any moisture in the rounds is frozen and causes it to split easier, and I could use the excersie this time of year. As far as starting in cold weather, it will be stored in the barn, which i keep heated in the winter so starting shouldn't be an issue.

Overall I'm buying the 10hp diesel because otherwise this would be the only machine I'd buy gas for, low end torque, better fuel economy, engine longevity, and because I really want a diesel splitter.

Sorry for the rant and I'm not hating on gas engines, but I just know diesels better and prefer to use them.

/ Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica) #33  
No disrespect intended, but I have an '05 Dodge 2500 with a 5.9L Cummins diesel in it and I went to Texas to find one just like I wanted, one of those features was a standard 6 speed tranny. This was because Dodge auto tranny's aren't worth piss and because I could put a 5" straight pipe from the turbo charger back and it would be nice and LOUD! I live in the country, work in (heavy) construction, and dont mind the noise. That may change in 30 years when I cant hear, but for now I kinda like it. LOL.

I like the cool factor and am doing everything i can to save up for it, but more so than anything, I want to run it at a less-than-full-throttle speed and still have low end torque.

I too would like to know where off road is half the price of gas! I'll run off road in this splitter not only to save cost (as little as it would be) but because I have it in my truck's bulk tank. Just an FYI, off road in Ohio is also about $.40 less than on road.

I could spend the same money, if not a bit more and get a Honda GX270 9HP gasser, but I want a diesel. Just because. Well, also fuel economy, noise, torque, tad bit cheaper fuel, and noise (yes, again). Not sure on the hours of run time but I split about 6 cords of ash, oak and hickory for our house and dang near that again for my father in law, and if I have any left over, I sell the split, seasoned wood in December or January when it's prime firewood selling time. I just sold a 22 ton TSC splitter and didnt really like it. The little 6 or so horse Briggs engine sucked down gas worse than I do Pabst Blue Ribbons. On almost full throttle (for power) a tank (about 40 ounces) might last me 45 minutes. I would rather split in the winter when it's pretty cold out. Keeps my beer cold, any moisture in the rounds is frozen and causes it to split easier, and I could use the excersie this time of year. As far as starting in cold weather, it will be stored in the barn, which i keep heated in the winter so starting shouldn't be an issue.

Overall I'm buying the 10hp diesel because otherwise this would be the only machine I'd buy gas for, low end torque, better fuel economy, engine longevity, and because I really want a diesel splitter.

Sorry for the rant and I'm not hating on gas engines, but I just know diesels better and prefer to use them.

No offense taken. I have a diesel Pick up, diesel tractor, diesel lawnmower, diesel generator so I am a fan of diesels as well. The little 10 hp diesel will beat a gasser 3 to 1 on fuel consumption.

/ Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica) #34  
Thanks for the tip on youtube...i'll check it out. Since you have one of these, heres a few questions:

How do you like it overall?
What brand is it?
Although low hours, how old is it?
What is is used for?
and finally-would you buy another one?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Also, I saw a youtube video from a "bluetrepidation" link YouTube - ~10HP Air Cooled China Diesel Info and Tips and he also advised to look for shavings and change the oil after very little run time.

I do like the china diesel but I have had to mess with mine and it has only 30 hours on it.

The generator name is LONGEVITY 5,000 watt but most all recent china generators are the same, the Aurora for example is the same as mine with minor differences.

The generator is an 06 model but I had to put a new electrical panel on the generator because it kept blowing the total DC fuse, it took almost a year to get the California based company to send me the new panel.But they did and the problem is now gone.

I use this generator for emergency power outages, to power my boiler in the winter, and fridge in the summer.

Honestly I don't want to answer the (would I buy another) question till I have more hours on it BUT the engine does run good after I realigned the throdle lever so it will idle down properly, and changed the oil 3 times already and still had metal particles in the oil. I did start it at 20 degree temps using the compression release lever and allowing it to crank for a few seconds. If you buy one be sure to search on how to break in the diesel engine properly.

If you don't like to tinker with stuff do not buy one of these units, most of them show up with minor issues right out of the box. I bought from E-BAY but I have nobody to fall back on when the unit acts up, stay local if at all possible. I could have sent it back for repairs at the price of 300 dollars to ship it. To buy the unit and get it to my house costed 800 dollars.

I hate the little narrow wheels on the unit they are a PITA in the winter.

EDIT... Some pics of my generator.

Attachments

• generator-1.jpg
    generator-1.jpg
    965.3 KB · Views: 565
  • generator-2.jpg
    generator-2.jpg
    906 KB · Views: 385
   / Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica) #35  
wondering what the advantage of diesel over gas engine is. i bought a 13hp honda clone for $219 delivered when i built my pull behind tiller this spring and am very pleased. starts first pull every time, easy on gas, strong as heck. can buy 3- 13hp gas engines for price of 1- 1ohp diesel. am i missing something here?

The BIG advantage is that you can put a diesel away for a year, and when you pull it back out it'll actually run. With today's gas, you really have to drain the entire fuel system for extended storage. Drain tank, flush carb, change oil... Between my dirtbikes, atvs, mowers, chainsaws, generator, etc...I have about 15 gas engines to maintain - every time I use something, I have 2 hours work ahead of me to put it away - and I HATE it.

JayC

/ Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica) #36  
Does anybody know why they recomend 10W30 is that proper?

/ Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica) #37  
Here are some pics I dug up of my panel replacement. Notice first pic has old panel with no ATS(automatic transfer switch). If you look real close you will see the old panel had 3 hours on it thats how much (or little in this case) hours I had on it before a complete wiring and panel replacement. I kept the old panel it has many replacement parts.. Enjoy

Attachments

• generator-before-panel-chan.jpg
    generator-before-panel-chan.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 275
  • generator-diesel-engine-fro.jpg
    generator-diesel-engine-fro.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 276
  • generator-overview-coverles.jpg
    generator-overview-coverles.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 276
  • generator-diesel-engine-sid.jpg
    generator-diesel-engine-sid.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 398
   / Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica) #38  
I was originally looking at the "Changfa" brand and whatever Carroll Stream sells, but Princess Auto and Ebay aren't lowering their prices any so I haven't made the purchase yet. There's a new guy on ebay "newdyne" (same name on youtube also) that is selling them for $575 including shipping and his brand is "Launtop".

Anyone have any pros or cons on any of these brands?

I don't know if the engines we buy here are the same as the ones in China, but the Changfa brand is very big in China and seems really durable and well made. There are many Changfa diesels powering small industrial "tractors" there that move very heavy loads. They are hopper cooled one lungers that are belted to a hydraulic pump that turns the wheels. There are also industrial stores, a lot in Beijing, that sell Changfa generators and pumps, etc.

The only way I know to get guaranteed quality small diesel engines is to get a Yanmar or a Kubota

The problem with Chinese goods is not that they are Chinese, but that they are designed here and manufactured there for a specific distributor here that wants a cheap price over quality. It seems we get the cheap stuff, but the Chinese would never but that kind of junk. Once in a while you find a quality product here that is well known in China, but mostly, they are not available here. Changfa might be the exception.

Alright folks, I'm trying to find a hydraulic pump mount that will mate up to the diesel engine. I'm getting all the part #'s lined up and since i dont have the engine yet, I can't physically measure the "bolt circle". The info given to me from Carroll Stream's website: 10 HP Diesel Engine With Electric and Recoil Pull Start : Carroll Stream Motor Company : www.carrollstream.com shows the dimensions for the pump mount, in metric. They show 2 available sizes that I can buy. The problem is their dimensions of 90 & 108 mm, when divided by 25.4, come out to 3.54" and 4.25". Those dimensions are center of hole to center of hole and on the horizontal and vertical.

Problem is that i thought "bolt circle's" were measured as the diameter. Either way, can anyone help me figure out what size I have to mate up to on the engine?

Here's a link to Northern's available pump mounts: Hydraulic Motors + Hydraulic Motor Mounting Brackets | Hydraulics | Northern Tool + Equipment

Also, is there a way to know how long your bracket needs to be? I know the diesel engine shaft is 3.46" long and my 16gpm Speeco 2 stage pump is 1-3/8" long. Obviously the love-joy couplers will eat up a little a little space, but how do i know how much that is?

Thanks!