Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica)

/ Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica)
I've got three of these engines. Two have a deflector from the factory. Just a clamp with a 90 degree sweep. You will never get that cylinder hot enough to bother anything.

Yeah, i've seen your video's on youtube. nice plow truck by the way. What brand small diesel's do you have and how have you liked them?

/ Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica) #52  
How big a hydraulic ram are you using for the splitter?

/ Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica) #54  
That is quite big, About how many tons of force can it apply?

I have messed with the calculators on surpluscenter.com and at 3000 psi on the pump, that comes up to 29.5 tons. I'd have to adjust my prince valve from the factory setting of 2250, but even 20tons makes it better than the hand method :)

/ Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica) #56  
I think I would raise the engine up on the platform and put an elbow on the exhaust to blow it straight back.

I think I would raise the engine up on the platform and put an elbow on the exhaust to blow it straight back.

Max-what i ended up doing was leaving the engine where it was at and this weekend i should have my hydraulic fittings and hoses so i'll be able to hook everything up to see where the extended cylinder (with about 3/4" clearance between the push plate and the wedge) puts the rear cylinder anchor block. The way i measured it the engine exhaust should just clear the rear anchor block.

Thanks for the suggestion but i was trying to keep the center of gravity as low as i could and moving this 100 pound engine up several more inches would be one of my last options. I'm saying this with transporting in mind.

/ Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica) #58  
Max-what i ended up doing was leaving the engine where it was at and this weekend i should have my hydraulic fittings and hoses so i'll be able to hook everything up to see where the extended cylinder (with about 3/4" clearance between the push plate and the wedge) puts the rear cylinder anchor block. The way i measured it the engine exhaust should just clear the rear anchor block.

Thanks for the suggestion but i was trying to keep the center of gravity as low as i could and moving this 100 pound engine up several more inches would be one of my last options. I'm saying this with transporting in mind.

Well if that doesn't work out and you have to raise the engine you can always add a bit of weight under the frame to lower the cg. It would be great when you get it up and running if you would post a review on how you like the diesel.

Well if that doesn't work out and you have to raise the engine you can always add a bit of weight under the frame to lower the cg. It would be great when you get it up and running if you would post a review on how you like the diesel.

Chute, from my 20 hours of idle time running this puppy i can say that i love it! Good thought on the low weight-always more than one way to skin the cat! I want to put some pictures of my progress and the end result up when i get her finished and painted. Got any advice on painting galvanized steel?

/ Replacement 10HP diesel engine (china replica) #60  
Chute, from my 20 hours of idle time running this puppy i can say that i love it! Good thought on the low weight-always more than one way to skin the cat! I want to put some pictures of my progress and the end result up when i get her finished and painted. Got any advice on painting galvanized steel?

I have a feeling your only going to have to run the motor at high idle to split wood :thumbsup: I've had success using cold galvanizing primer
Cold Galvanizing Sprays - Clearco Products
then top coat with implement paint.