Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,031  
An F-super duty is a strong old truck. They were the F-450 of the time. It would have hauled the concrete if the frame wasn’t compromised by rust. That truck GVW is 15,000 pounds. It would have been overloaded with 9,000 pounds of concrete but not enough to break in half.

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,033  
Interesting video, with a good outcome of what could have been a very bad scenario. Of course it also appears the the video taker was a complete assh*le driver, what with the horn blowing and lane changing because he wasn't paying attention to what was happening ahead of him and the reason the car had slowed.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,035  
Interesting both hitch and safety chains failed. Couldn't tell what kind of break-away brakes it had; didn't seem to work.
I thought the same. In PA, we're required to have a yearly inspection on all trailers with brakes, the sum total of which is usually the inspection tech pulling the rip cord on the emergency brake mechanism, and verifying the brakes work. Those batteries go bad every few years, they don't last forever!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,036  
Interesting both hitch and safety chains failed. Couldn't tell what kind of break-away brakes it had; didn't seem to work.
Kinda hard for the safety chains to be of use when the trailer tongue breaks or disconnects mid-way. There definitely should have been breaks though.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,037  
Couldn't tell what kind of break-away brakes it had; didn't seem to work.
My 2021 car trailer has a break-away system with battery. I don't know how to test it, but do ANY of them actually work?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,038  
From about 0:17

1710954205945.png

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,039  
Good catch! I've worked on a few of those hydraulic brake trailer systems. The cross/slider bolts are super critical, this is what happens when they fail. I don't like 'em.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,040  
From about 0:33 showing front of trailer.

1710954672854.png

Bruce