Show me some pics of your tractor shed.

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #41  
Here is mine. 16x20 concrete pad and a 8ft lean to. the garage was getting way too full. My wife was not in favor of this project so I spent 8 months or so of making sure she could not get into her garage space at least once a week. We had a layer of dust and dirt about 1/8 of an inch over everything in the garage. one day she said "how much would a barn be?"

Attachments

• IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    856.4 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    716.8 KB · Views: 306
   / Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #42  
Here is mine. 16x20 concrete pad and a 8ft lean to. the garage was getting way too full. My wife was not in favor of this project so I spent 8 months or so of making sure she could not get into her garage space at least once a week. We had a layer of dust and dirt about 1/8 of an inch over everything in the garage. one day she said "how much would a barn be?"

hehe... i did the same thing. the wife didnt want me to build a shop. so i filled the 3 car garage with all my crap. she finally told me to go build the shop.....:). we guys know ways to get our way...

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #43  
Too bad I don't make it up north more. It looks like you have a really nice place. Those are some nice carriages and carts too.

To add a pic that is not and attachment, you have to have it hosted someplace on the net already. The pics section of TBN works fine. Then you copy the URL of the pic (from the address bar at the top of the page when you are viewing the picture) and then paste it into the reply. Type "
" after the URL (without quotes). This should include your picture as an imbedded graphic in the response like this...
197472d1296358146-show-me-some-pics-your-all3-copy.jpg
thank you...was wondering how to do that. thanks loads

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #44  
...For those of you who might be a little jealous of some of them I can probably make you feel pretty good about where your tractor lives :)...

Since you brought it up, here are the first class accomodations for my tractor and 4 wheeler...

197632d1296426059-show-me-some-pics-your-p1010105.jpg

One is a Army Surplus pup tent. The other is a holey canvas tarp I got for $10 at a yard sale. Both do a good job of keeping snow off the seat so long as the wind doesn't blow too hard. This should even make those of you with the pipe frame tarp shelters feel good about your tractor accomodations.

A barn, shed, or shelter is on the wish list; but it may be a while. Keep the pics coming because I'm getting some great ideas.

Attachments

• P1010105.JPG
    P1010105.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 1,113
   / Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #45  
Ok....so its a nice day outside ...i desided to get off my duff and take a few outside pics of the carriage/equipment shed. There are sliding doors on the front and 2 roll up doors on the side

Attachments

• carriage house 3.jpg
    carriage house 3.jpg
    844.9 KB · Views: 250
  • carriage house 2.jpg
    carriage house 2.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 277
  • sarriage house 1.jpg
    sarriage house 1.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 292
   / Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #46  
Here's my shop/barn/shed. It's 40' x 35', 12' ceilings.

Misc007.jpg

Misc008.jpg

The frame is built out of an old railroad trestle, you can see the size of it in the 2nd picture showing the overhang. The builder and first owner said he had a backhoe suspended from it. It's all clear span, too, except for 1 post. The only drawback with it is in the summer, the heat sometimes causes the creosote to bleed from some of the timbers. In it's previous life it was a dirt floor barn housing goats, horses, and cows. This year I'm going to insulate it and put up some kind of wall covering. Still trying to decide on a permanent heat source. Has 100 amp service, the lights are 8' 4 lamp T8s (4 -4' tubes per fixture). They work and start instantly in sub freezing temps. After 2 years of daily service, no burnt out tubes. Originally all the big doors were sliders. Found the insulated roll-up and opener on Craigs List, built the other double door. Mark

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed.
Rusty in New Zealand and grs in Idaho need to dial your grins back a bit. You guys start out with such a head start on us flatlanders, we'd never catch up.

I have not seen a team in the woods in a long while. I have friends in Nova Scotia with a small mill. They have a local fellow up who pulls for them.

Jim

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #48  
Rusty in New Zealand and grs in Idaho need to dial your grins back a bit. You guys start out with such a head start on us flatlanders, we'd never catch up.

I have not seen a team in the woods in a long while. I have friends in Nova Scotia with a small mill. They have a local fellow up who pulls for them.

Jim

Well i thought about buying in the flat lands myself......however the wife insisted on having trees..which i am forever grateful. mind you TREES HAVE TO TAKE ALOT OF WORK to maintain, but i sure love having my own forest in the back yard. we have about 1-1/2 miles of trails thru the trees to work the horses and walk the dogs. i don't do alot of tree work with the team, but do on occasion pull logs with them. we don't have real large trees, so its not too much work for them. mostly we pull carriages and sleighs. There are times i think...boy i sure wish i lived in the flats with no trees.......

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #49  
You had me at the pic of the RAM and that rugged Jeep but that bar in the corner is icing on the cake. What a great Man-Cave! :thumbsup:

Thanks Dmace, its work in progress did not realize it was such a mess when I took those pics for the insurance company. Recently got electronic dart board we enjoy with friends.
Aug_2010Kitche08.jpg

Kitchen8_2010_09.jpg

Chuck, is that sprayon foam on the walls and ceiling? If so, what kind is it - open/closed cell? How thick? Why did you choose it instead of other insulation, etc.

I'm thinking about having closed cell foam sprayed in my barn.

TRR, that is closed cell, I went with it vs open cell for the additional R-value and most importantly the strength it adds to the building living here on the Gulf coast and dealing with hurricanes..
I believe its 3" thick not sure and thickness varies. Getting a decent uniform finish is much harder than I exepected. Overall I am glad I went with even though it cost considerably more then conventional insulation.

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #50  
hmmm, with all the pictures i have in my computer, ya think i could find a picture of the carriage/tractor barn.......i found a few of the inside.

also: how can i add a picture here that is larger than the attachments ...i cant seem to find an icon for that.

heres the inside pics.. i found one picture of the outside ...while i was digging with a rented excavator. i really cant believe that i have no pictures of it......i better remedy that tomorrow if the weather holds up.

oh, and heres the wife and me dragging some timber...we usually haul more, but this was for pictures. i forgot i had this

That's not a barn. That's a museum!!!!