Sliding doors for Pole Barn

/ Sliding doors for Pole Barn #21  
I had a 56' x 40' built about 8 years ago with 20 ft. sliding doors 14 ft. tall at each end. The doors are actually 2 10 ft. doors sliding out. I've never had any problems with the doors and never had a mouse in the building.

Sliding machine shed doors are not mouse proof. :)

/ Sliding doors for Pole Barn #22  
The way mine were installed securely against the concrete floors have kept the mice out. The doors are all steel and pull tight against the walls also. I can only say a mouse has never been in this barn. I have another barn with overhead doors and mice are using that barn.

/ Sliding doors for Pole Barn #24  
I built the door I think you're describing just this fall. I had a 20' by 40' pole barn with 4 bays 10' wide and 20' deep, and I put up roller based track from TSC on the inside of the beam at the entrance, and built a door 12' high by 10' wide so it rolls past one of my support poles on the inside. I bought four light 2" by 2" steel tubes. One runs horizontally just under the track trolleys and is bolted up toward them on short hangers. There are 4' high T-111 siding panels bolted to that tube, and there's another tube bolted along their bottoms, so it's a 4' high panel with steel tubing edges. Then I built a similar one 8' high along the bottom. I long clamps to draw things together when the weight was more than I could handle. I think this whole door and track assembly cost about $600 or $700.

/ Sliding doors for Pole Barn #25  
I live in a similar climate as the OP;no way I would use sliders.My new pole barn got a 12'x10' over-head+an opener.Just pull up with the tractor or sidexside and hit the button.Look down the road;do you want to be fighting a sliding door in ten years?

/ Sliding doors for Pole Barn #26  
I live in a similar climate as the OP;no way I would use sliders.My new pole barn got a 12'x10' over-head+an opener.Just pull up with the tractor or sidexside and hit the button.Look down the road;do you want to be fighting a sliding door in ten years?
Nothing better than snowblowing and being able to hit the button to open the door and back in without having to get off of the tractor...

Aaron Z

/ Sliding doors for Pole Barn #27  
I needed two 20 ft. wide x 14 ft. tall openings. I couldn't find affordable overhead doors like that.

/ Sliding doors for Pole Barn #28  
^^ I'll need two 8'w x 8'h and one 6'w. No way I could afford rollup OR sliders by any prices I've seen so far. Plan as of now is to make double 4' swingers for the 8 footers. Haven't decided yet on the 6 footer.

/ Sliding doors for Pole Barn #29  
^^ I'll need two 8'w x 8'h and one 6'w. No way I could afford rollup OR sliders by any prices I've seen so far. Plan as of now is to make double 4' swingers for the 8 footers. Haven't decided yet on the 6 footer.
Not sure where you are located, but 8' wide doors run $200-400 on Craigslist around here:
2 8x8 doors for $400 each: Garage Doors - general for sale - by owner
Garage Doors - household items - by owner - housewares sale

6'x8' roll-up door for $300: Rolling curtain door - materials - by owner - sale

Aaron Z