Snow plow adapted to the FEL

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL #11  
Very nice job! I like the way you brought the blade in close to the mount. My factory blade hangs out at least a foot further than yours which makes it clumsy to manuever at times. If you have to plow any areas that are not paved, you might want to hing or float the blade on the mount. On my gravel drive I cannot float the FEL arms or it will dig into the driveway.
Can't wait for the snow pics from you.

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL
Very nice job! I like the way you brought the blade in close to the mount. My factory blade hangs out at least a foot further than yours which makes it clumsy to manuever at times. If you have to plow any areas that are not paved, you might want to hing or float the blade on the mount. On my gravel drive I cannot float the FEL arms or it will dig into the driveway.
Can't wait for the snow pics from you.

Thanks Ford850. I wanted to try and bring it in as close as I could. It would have looked so odd seeing it mounted right up on the front I had to do it that way :rolleyes:

All the places I'll be plowing are all paved but I've always kept the skid pads on the blade throughout the years and there still on there now. There's so much pavement around here I'd have trouble finding dirt :D Thanks for your reply.

Someone asked how far it angles. Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• p14.jpg
    p14.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 1,399
  • p15.jpg
    p15.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 1,642
   / Snow plow adapted to the FEL #13  
WOW what a professional looking job.
I wish you were in my area so i could hire you -I have a sno-way plow and would like to do the same after seeing yours I have to do something.

again nice job...

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL #14  
4shorts.......... now i mean this in the most complimentary way, but you have too much free time on your hands ! :D:D

4shorts.......... now i mean this in the most complimentary way, but you have too much free time on your hands ! :D:D

Well lets see. I work 60 hours a week in the shop. When I did the plow I got up last Saturday morning at 6 AM. Got the sand blaster out and started in at the job. I worked all Saturday and went in the house at 10:45 PM that night.

Sunday I went out in the shop at 8 AM (I slept in seeing it was Sunday) and worked another 12.5 hours and was back to work first thing Monday where I worked another 12 hours and that evening I assembled the blade. You could be right because I've heard people say that to me before. I just need to know where the extra time is. I need it for a few more projects I have in mind :D

Thanks johnnylight. Appreciate you saying you liked the job. Hope you get yours done soon. Be sure to post a few pictures when you get it done.

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL #16  
Loosely translated.......... not only do you do nice fab work, you also made sure everything is painted nicely to match the tractor.

What i'm saying is...... nice work ! I'm jealous !:):)

Loosely translated.......... not only do you do nice fab work, you also made sure everything is painted nicely to match the tractor.

What i'm saying is...... nice work ! I'm jealous !:):)

No my friend. No need to translate. I understood it and appreciate your comment. Actually I'm doing this tractor stuff while I'll restoring an old forklift ;) Its a battle with the forklift because it came out of a fish plant and it was rusty. At times I think the forklift is wining the battle. If you want to see it check out the link. Thanks again.

New trailer for the Trailblazer - Page 4 - WeldingWeb - Welding forum for pros and enthusiasts

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL #18  
Beautiful Work!

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL #20  
Very nice job!

My plow setup uses the pins from the old plow frame on the skid steer mount and thus places the plow much further forward than yours. I really like how much you have been able to shave off that distance to the plow.

I hope to read how your setup works for you this winter. Good luck with it!