Snow snow removal.

/ snow removal. #51  
Oh, I know - see above pic. I should clarify - if I were clearing a small area, like a couple of parking spots, the loader would be fine. But forget it on a long drive...and I have 1000 feet of it.

JayC

Ahhhhhhh!! A caveat!!
Yeah...loader would work, but it would be a PITA.

/ snow removal. #52  

Here's a list of the 101 cities that get the most snow:
Top 101 cities with the highest average snowfall in a year (population 50,000+)
and Pennsylvania:
Average Annual Snowfall Totals in Pennsylvania - Current Results
(Union City, PA is about halfway down the page and averages 25" per season).
Even Erie, with it's lake effect snow, averages only 101".

Thanks RoyJackson, this is why I made the 1st post I did. I live in one of the highest areas for snow and have lived in places with higher averages. When someone say's they're getting 250-300" average snow fall, I really have to wonder. I don't think some know how much 250-300" of snow really is, heck I can remember the last great blizard of 77 when NY got pounded. A few years back around the 14 of feb we got our last big snow fall it was 48" in one blast. I also can understand drifts and such but that does not change how much snow fell.

/ snow removal. #53  
Thanks RoyJackson, this is why I made the 1st post I did. I live in one of the highest areas for snow and have lived in places with higher averages. When someone say's they're getting 250-300" average snow fall, I really have to wonder. I don't think some know how much 250-300" of snow really is, heck I can remember the last great blizard of 77 when NY got pounded. A few years back around the 14 of feb we got our last big snow fall it was 48" in one blast. I also can understand drifts and such but that does not change how much snow fell.

I remember Buffalo getting 7' (yep, 7 FEET) in one week several years ago...but that was definitely not a typical Buffalo winter.

/ snow removal. #54  
I tried to use my FEL once. I ultimately gave up and just used it to smoosh the snow down flat. For snow removal, an FEL is better than using a snow shovel by hand, but only slightly. Those folks that defend their FEL as a viable snow removal tool either never tried anything else, or are completely insane.

JayC

Well I've been called worse!:D

I guess it really depends on how often you (me) have to do snow removal. I also have a 1000' driveway but in 11 years of living here I have only had to do snow removal twice. The most snow was in '08 (see attached) with a total of 17" during one event over a couple days. That was gone a week later and haven't pushed snow again until this year with our 12" accumulation. That too was gone a week later.

My point is, if moving snow was an annual excercise for me I would absolutely have a better arsenal of weapons but I just can't justify that expense for my limited need.

So I'll just sit here in my rocker and talk to myself.:D

Attachments

• PC180030.JPG
    PC180030.JPG
    534.3 KB · Views: 76
   / snow removal. #55  
Well I've been called worse!:D

I guess it really depends on how often you (me) have to do snow removal. I also have a 1000' driveway but in 11 years of living here I have only had to do snow removal twice. The most snow was in '08 (see attached) with a total of 17" during one event over a couple days. That was gone a week later and haven't pushed snow again until this year with our 12" accumulation. That too was gone a week later.

My point is, if moving snow was an annual excercise for me I would absolutely have a better arsenal of weapons but I just can't justify that expense for my limited need.

So I'll just sit here in my rocker and talk to myself.:D

Ready, set, clear driveway! Ok, so mine doesn't do that good of a job either.

Attachments

• DSCF0114.JPG
    DSCF0114.JPG
    318.8 KB · Views: 92
   / snow removal. #56  
Nice machine! I've seen your video before, but it's always nice to see it pop up again. I do have a question tho - what is the purpose of the wire bracket inside the blower chute?

I think it must be a safety issue. It would be harder to stick your hand down into the chute with the wire bracket in the way.

/ snow removal. #57  
Thanks! I was thinking that maybe it was for breaking up any chunks that come up the chute. I like your answer better. You getting any snow in your area?

/ snow removal. #58  
The most snow was in '08 (see attached) with a total of 17" during one event over a couple days. That was gone a week later

Why even bother plowing at all, just drive over it and pack it down :laughing:

/ snow removal. #59  
The most snow was in '08 (see attached) with a total of 17" during one event over a couple days. That was gone a week later

Why even bother plowing at all, just drive over it and pack it down :laughing:

/ snow removal. #60  
I think it must be a safety issue. It would be harder to stick your hand down into the chute with the wire bracket in the way.
It's listed as a 'rock deflector' on mine, but ya definetely cannot put you hand down the chute with it on there.

Mine is on top of my tool box......chute plugged with heavy wet snow........and the guard installed.