Snow snow removal.

/ snow removal. #61  
It's listed as a 'rock deflector' on mine, but ya definetely cannot put you hand down the chute with it on there.

Mine is on top of my tool box......chute plugged with heavy wet snow........and the guard installed.

I would never have guessed a rock deflector. It seems like a rock would just bounce around in there like a pinball machine. Up the chute, then back down and so on. I'm sure it's been tested and actually works, but it just seems to me that it wouldn't. :confused3:

We had about 4" of wet heavy snow today and I decided to use the backblade instead of the blower. I figured I'd be spending too much time cleaning the chute too. At least I finally got some seat time. :)

/ snow removal. #62  
I've got a blower and it is slow and I get impatient. The Plow is the only way to go in my opinion. I plow well over 1000 feet of drive and when the banks get too high on the sides I do put on the snow thrower and take 4' off each side.

Just my 2 cents

/ snow removal. #63  
I've got a blower and it is slow and I get impatient. The Plow is the only way to go in my opinion. I plow well over 1000 feet of drive and when the banks get too high on the sides I do put on the snow thrower and take 4' off each side.

Just my 2 cents

That's the point, really.
One has to pick the tool for the job...sometimes it might be a plow, sometimes a blower.
For us with shorter drives or rarer snow accumulations, the loader bucket works fine (meaning a dedicated plow or blower wouldn't be a good purchase).

/ snow removal. #64  
I have a small loader that works OK, 62 inch bucket, I am thinking of making side rails that are spring loaded so I can still scrape hard on the ice.
We have had over a foot of snow in the last week, in three dumps, and are expecting more in a couple of days.

/ snow removal. #65  
It's listed as a 'rock deflector' on mine, but ya definetely cannot put you hand down the chute with it on there.

Mine is on top of my tool box......chute plugged with heavy wet snow........and the guard installed.

You got me thinking so I pulled out my blower manual and it says, "Hand guard" but it might keep a rock flying out from an odd angle from busting a window.

/ snow removal. #66  
Thanks! I was thinking that maybe it was for breaking up any chunks that come up the chute. I like your answer better. You getting any snow in your area?

I snowblowed about 5" on Friday and looks like I will need to tomorrow, Monday and we might have a storm on Wednesday. We have had 111" according to the paper and I have snow blowed 10 times so far this year. Normal snowfall is 140" right now and we have had warmer than normal temperatures this winter, but not like I hear about elsewhere, and there is still 15" on the ground and it is as hard as a rock.

Kubota B3030 HSDC snowblowing Jan 2012 (HD) - YouTube

/ snow removal. #67  
Why not have a blower on the back and a plow on the front? Deep snow, blower would be great, light snow, plow would work fine, plus you'd have the weight of the blower helping with traction. This year i am finally using a rear blower and FEL. Of course if all else fails not much can stop the dozer :laughing:

/ snow removal. #68  
What i did last Sunday on the 2-1/2 miles of roads i clear was to run the front plow in the center section of the roads both directions, pushing the snow to the sides. Then i ran the loader mounted blower down both sides to clear the piles 30' from the edge.

I have to leave a 22-24' wide road when finished, and this plan worked real nice. The plow is about 2x faster to work than the blower, but it leaves those pesky berms on the road. This way...no berms and not as much time needed as blowing the entire road. My GPS showed about 10-12 MPH while plowing and between 3-5 MPH while blowing.

My next test will be tomorrow (expecting 12-18" snow). Im going to try blowing the entire road to see if i can make better time if it blowing fresh snow as opposed to disturbed snow that the plow leaves. Ill use the GPS to see for sure.