Snow

/ Snow #101  
6-8” more snow last nite. I have fallen behind on blowing from the last 3 days. When have 4-6 feet on the ground that I need to blow. Never stopped snowing so I didn’t want to waste the fuel and have to do it again. Should it will be a good hard run for the 75C.

/ Snow #102  
I just wonder if this is going to be our winter this year. Snowed 1 1/2 inches last night. Today at 3:30 its all gone again. It IS a real boon for our soil moisture. It's all soaking in - not running off.
Same here, only a tad bit more. Another 4 inches when I woke up today. Minimal snow for the next week though and highs in the mid-40's

/ Snow #103  
Ya, we had another 4” overnight, but added to the previous 4 inches, i guess ill have to plow this morning. I dont want 8” of snow to melt and make a mess of the place.

/ Snow #104  
Been snowing here in northern Nevada since Friday. Interstate 80 has been closed for 3 days now due to blizzard conditions and idiots who refused to heed the "stay home" warnings. Hundreds of vehicles stranded on the roadway. Up to 10 feet of fresh snow depending on elevation.
Top of a pickup just barely visible along I-80:
Donner snow tbn 3-4-24.jpg

View from my window, 200+ miles east of Donner Summit, as the clouds lifted this morning:
P1006501ertbn3-4-24.jpg

Last edited:
   / Snow #105  
I'm jealous of you west coast guys. Very little snow here this winter, many of the snowmobile trails either never opened or were only open for a few weeks with poor conditions. Think we only got one snowstorm worth mentioning, with nothing but 40°+ temperatures and rain in the 10 day forecast. :mad:
This is April weather, not early March.

/ Snow
I'll gladly take what I'm getting here. As long as we are getting rain here in the low country and snow in the mountains. Got another 3/4" last night. It will be gone by this evening. Its above freezing and raining right now.

/ Snow #107  
It looks like May 4 not March 4 in Central NH. Plow has snoozed most of winter.

/ Snow #108  
Been snowing here in northern Nevada since Friday. Interstate 80 has been closed for 3 days now due to blizzard conditions and idiots who refused to heed the "stay home" warnings. Hundreds of vehicles stranded on the roadway. Up to 10 feet of fresh snow depending on elevation.
Top of a pickup just barely visible along I-80:
View attachment 855659

View from my window, 200+ miles east of Donner Summit, as the clouds lifted this morning:
View attachment 855661
holy that a big cone lol ... weird how there is so much snow in the first picture but barely anything in the second...

/ Snow #109  
Had to go plow. Has over 8” on road. Still coming down, and dont want slush if i let it melt off. I was thinking of taking snow equipment off of my tractor last week…..but it just did t seam right thing to do. I want to hook up scraper to hit the roads and fill potholes, but have to remove hydraulic pack and hoses and chains to do that. Glad i waited.

/ Snow #110  
holy that a big cone lol ... weird how there is so much snow in the first picture but barely anything in the second...
It's called the "shadow effect". Storms coming in off the Pacific can't get over the Sierra Nevada mountains without losing most of their moisture. So the mountains get most of the moisture and east of the mountains gets very little. Why Nevada, east of the mountains, is a desert.