Snow

/ Snow #111  
It's called the "shadow effect". Storms coming in off the Pacific can't get over the Sierra Nevada mountains without losing most of their moisture. So the mountains get most of the moisture and east of the mountains gets very little. Why Nevada, east of the mountains, is a desert.
ha that make sense, thanks for the explanation.

/ Snow #112  
I'm jealous of you west coast guys. Very little snow here this winter, many of the snowmobile trails either never opened or were only open for a few weeks with poor conditions. Think we only got one snowstorm worth mentioning, with nothing but 40°+ temperatures and rain in the 10 day forecast. :mad:
This is April weather, not early March.
As you know, we'll just get used to the abnormal weather and winter will return with a vengeance. It won't matter much though, there's too much water in the ground and the lakes are already getting dicey.

I remember planting peas onMarch 31 with my father in Auburn about 50 years ago... they didn't come any faster.

/ Snow #113  
Got 3 more inches since i plowed. Funny this is, the weathermen predicted rain. Had no snow in forecast.

/ Snow
grsthegreat - what is your elevation there. I'm at 2310. Same darn storm - I get 1/2 inch and you get 3.

BTW - the half inch is ALL GONE except in shaded areas.

/ Snow #115  
Were at about the same elevation, but next to a mountain. Were in a snow belt.

Here are pics from yesterday

20240304_104055.jpeg

20240304_165551.jpeg

20240304_094326.jpeg

/ Snow
After about five years of this weird winter weather - me thinks we are now in the banana belt. Your property looks a lot like mine. Evergreens. Your dog seems to enjoy the snow. My Brownie goes nuts with each new snow. He eats it like it was icecream.

/ Snow #118  
No snow left here in Southern NH. Warm today in the 40's and rain...

/ Snow #120  
It was 74 here Sunday, March 3. I used to ice fish well into March. We've lost about 4 weeks of winter since I was a kid.