Snow Attachments Snowblowers vs PTO HP

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #101  
Well the B2920 now has a 64 inch Puma blower on it. After having 8 inches of that heavy wet snow and blowing it in the rain. The 64 worked very well and didn't plug up ( my old unit would have pluged many times).
I had the 72 inch Puma on the tractor that is 50 inches wide and did find that extra 8 inches hard to move around the yard (gates ,rigs, buildings) hard. It didn't sound like much but I came close...to close several times.
So I drove the tractor to the dealer (30 min) and while I had a coffee they swapped units.

Quite happy with the 64 inch Puma on the 21 PTO HP HST unit.

Al

Congrats on the new unit Al. Glad to see you eventually went with the 64. I couldn't be more pleased with mine. Only got 2 inches the other day, so I used the back blade. Cannot wait for the real snow to get here!

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #102  
I will have get one those sliders to fix the chute and spout on the JD blower I have as
I am not sure the duct tape will stay on the spout.

I am not about to spend $110.00 USD + freight and tax on a new one!!!!

Before I went whole hog and installed the UHMW liner, I tried using UHMW polyethylene tape first, quick, easy, same material, had it on my shelf, and did I mention easy? It lasted until I picked up a little gravel - that shredded the tape, not because the UHMW was weak or a poor choice, just way too thin.

Roll up sled material (HDPE) is cheaper, but UHMW PE has eight times the impact resistance and even better wear characteristics. See the following, borrowed from Tekrider web site:

"HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) Rigidity and tensile strength of the HDPE resins are considerably higher than those in the low and medium density materials. Impact strength is slightly lower, as is to be expected in a stiffer material. Applications of HDPE range from film products to large blow molded industrial containers. The largest market area is in blow-molded containers for packaging fluids. Other major uses include injection molded housewares, industrial pales, food containers and tote boxes. Also, mechanically ground HDPE resins are used to mold large, complex shaped products such as fuel tanks, trash containers, pallets, highway barriers and all 1997/2001 Tekvest models.

UHMW-PE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene). This is a polymer with a molecular weight of 3 and 6 million. UHMW-PE has outstanding abrasion resistance, low coefficient of friction, self-lubricating, chemical and stress cracking resistance. Another key characteristic is impact strength, which is 8 times greater than HDPE. UHMW-PE does not break in impact tests using standard notched specimens compared to HDPE, which will break. UHMW-PE must be double notched to break in a Izod impact test. In a ballistics test conducted at -65ーF, a 1 slab of UHMW-PE stopped a .45 caliber bullet at a distance of only 25 ft!

UHMW-PE Applications: Conveyor wear strips, Guide rails, Bearings, Paper machine suction boxes, Chute linings, Trailer linings, Snowmobile skis, sliders, idler wheels, drive sprockets & suspension bushings. All 2002 Standard & Arctic Cat Adult Pro Lite Tekvest models."

Further, I made my blower skids from 3/4" UHMW, as I often blow a neighbors driveways with pavers or patterned concrete. No noticeable wear after one season:

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #103  
I've got a 82" normand blower on the back of my kubota l4330, 34.5 pto hp according to the specs. Bogs down some depending on the snow but all in all it works quite well, and I clear 60-70 driveways every snowfall. Having said that though, I have a new M7060 coming this week and with 64hp at the pto I'm sure it will put the old L series to shame.

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #104  
I've got a 82" normand blower on the back of my kubota l4330, 34.5 pto hp according to the specs. Bogs down some depending on the snow but all in all it works quite well, and I clear 60-70 driveways every snowfall. Having said that though, I have a new M7060 coming this week and with 64hp at the pto I'm sure it will put the old L series to shame.

Excuse me . . . can I come and play on your tractor? Please!

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #105  
TractorGP that little BX does a nice job

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #106  
   / Snowblowers vs PTO HP
Thanks everyone , looking for a 72" blower

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #109  
Thanks everyone , looking for a 72" blower

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

There's quite a few listed on the Vermont Craigslist...I suggest a minimum of 25 PTO HP for a 72" snow blower. Your Massey Ferguson has 19 PTO HP....I suggest a 60" blower would be a better fit.

/ Snowblowers vs PTO HP #110  
6'. go slow, only have to make 2 passes to clear driveway. I think 2 slow passes with a 6', is quicker than having to make 3 quicker passes with a 4'-5'.