So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #1  

Geonnibravo

Tractor
KUBOTA BX23S
So, the very first time I used this protection plate it end up getting folded. I had the mounts on it perfect. It was in top position so it wasn't hanging down from the frame and somehow, someway, my brand new armor plate ended up folding like a burrito.

Anyone else have this problem? Would this be under warranty at all? This sucks. I was clearing brush and was being careful. I kept my bucket lower than the frame to push down brush so my flail mower could finish it on the other end. I pull up on my driveway and hear this aweful scraping noise and look under to find my armor destroyed.

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I pretty much on my own with this? I mean I don't see anything about warranty from BXPanded so I'm seriously upset about fishing out another $160 for a new one. I only want to use this kind and every single other thing I've gotten from them has been so awesome I want to keep loyal.

20190728_143935.jpg20190728_143935.jpg

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #2  
Think you may need to upgrade to a dozer with a set of forestry guards. On my BX2230 rarely take the mower off and have bent parts of the deck before but saved the fan.

Now on my Outlander 800MAX and RZR800S I have Ricochet Skid plates and have bashed those hard skidding over logs in the brush and had to beat them flat again.

David

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #3  
Before I bought another "skid shield" I'd want to know EXACTLY what I did to cause that. Without that knowledge you are most likely to have it happen again. There HAS to be evidence - out where you mowed - that will tell you how it happened. EXACTLY what caused this.

It is strange that you didn't notice this the moment it happened. Good luck.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #4  
The driveway is probably what did that. Did the bolts pull through the shield? Fall out? and was hanging down when you got to the drive.

A lot of times when you push a tree/bush the root ball will pop up behind the blade, in this case your bucket and roots will drag underneath whatever pushed it over.
So when ever you push over a good size ___ back up and look before running over it..

Last edited:
   / So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #5  
Ouch. I managed to do something like that with a BroTek belly plate. Not that bad, but had to drive over it with the pickup to straighten it.

In my case it was a problem with "the loose nut behind the wheel". Reminder to me to leave the equipment alone when sleep deprived.

Z.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #6  
It looks like the mid-mount was lowered, which drops the front of the under armor for removal. That would act like a plow and catch an immovable object and fold it back similar to how yours looks.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #7  
On the BX, it's the rear of the under armor that's raised and lowered by the deck mounts. The only way I can see this occurring is if either A) One of the four mount points on the armor (two tabs in front that slide over bushings you bolt to the frame as part of the initial install; two holes near the rear that the MMM deck lift pins engage) wasn't correctly engaged; or B) the deck lift wasn't at "TOP" like you intended, but instead maybe one click off at "0" and you backed up with the armor down.

I'm not saying it's impossible to do what you did with the plate correctly installed, but it would be tough, I think.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed.
With some heat, a crowbar and a sledgehammer I got it straight again. I had to bend some spots but eventually got it to a snug fit again. I double checked that the top position was correct and raised and lowered the implement and it stayed up in place. I guess it was just a freak accident because I was seriously just going through brush which was mainly thorns on top of thorns which was being nice and ripped up with the Pirahna tooth bar. So I am so confused with what happened unless the front arms were made too short and somehow one side fell off and got caught, or it twisted and one fell off.

There isn't really a big retaining washer on that front mount the two arms rest on, so I wonder if I add a big washer to it, if it was a small amount of sway that dropped the front it would keep it up on the frame. I don't know. I didn't stall or hit anything while working in the field. I did it for sure obviously but wow I wish I knew. Glad I was able to get it hammer and back to almost new and flat.

Never got a response on a warranty either. Guess they are busy this time of year. Still a good company and products though.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #9  
Good - you got it back into shape and back on. I guessed you would need a new one. I would recommend, now, that you use LokTite or similar product on all bolts.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #10  
Good - you got it back into shape and back on. I guessed you would need a new one. I would recommend, now, that you use LokTite or similar product on all bolts.

I am betting this is good advice. Else you might have the "taco" problem again. Oosik you know anything about "taco's" ? :)