So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #31  
It would indeed be a terrible design it was ever hanging down when in use! But that would be extreme operator error. The Kubota BX MMM lift arms can easily be locked in the "up" position, just by twisting the height control knob to the "top" position. Once there, you can raise lower the 3ph arms to your heart's content and the under armor will not budge, and won't even rattle.

I've bought quite a few accessories for my tractor, and this was absolutely the best, and a really good value. It's very easy to install/remove, more than strong enough to perform it's job, and very effective in protecting fragile things below the frame.

Whatever went wrong with the OP's wasn't because of a poorly designed product, in my mind. Not sure why so many want to bash it without having seen it in person, and correctly mounted on a BX tractor.

Armchair quarterbacks. Web forums are full of them, all are experts on things they've never owned or used.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #32  
Yes, there should be disclaimers. I have never owned one or used one, but . . .

Yet generic information can be usefull. You make such a guard too strong, and you could do major damage to whatever it is attached to, if you strike something. It would be like using a heavy I beam for a truck bumper. Now you hit something and you will bend your frame!

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #33  
Armchair quarterbacks. Web forums are full of them, all are experts on things they've never owned or used.

Yes, there should be disclaimers. I have never owned one or used one, but . . .

Yet generic information can be usefull. You make such a guard too strong, and you could do major damage to whatever it is attached to, if you strike something. It would be like using a heavy I beam for a truck bumper. Now you hit something and you will bend your frame!

All true. It seems the OP neglected to lock the mmm linkage up and proceeded to wreck the plate while moving in reverse.
Operator failure.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #34  
Ouch. I managed to do something like that with a BroTek belly plate. Not that bad, but had to drive over it with the pickup to straighten it.

In my case it was a problem with "the loose nut behind the wheel". Reminder to me to leave the equipment alone when sleep deprived.

Z.

You bent your BroTek belly plate? Wow, that would take some doing. I have it on my BX 25 and it is really tough. And it bolts on very securely.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #35  
You bent your BroTek belly plate? Wow, that would take some doing. I have it on my BX 25 and it is really tough. And it bolts on very securely.

Yep. You know the saying: "one oh-bleep cancels all your atta-boys" ? It was one of those deals. Exceptionally stupid on my part. Hate to 'fess up, but they say confession is good for the soul. Was a good sharp whack with the clue bat, and hopefully a permanent reminder to _never_ treat the equipment casually, never get in a hurry, and PAY ATTENTION!

I'd been 'hogging most of the day. Very tired, very crispy. About an hour away from done the go-pedal started behaving strangely. Very limited fwd speed, but the engine seemed to be running fine. Put it on the trailer for easier access, and dropped the back of the belly plate to examine the linkage, since it seemed like the pedal range of motion had become restricted.

Couldn't find anything obvious, and spent a lot of time on it. Finally realized that somehow I had gotten a tiny pebble on top of the pedal pivot assembly, and it was keeping it from fully depressing.

Yay! Back it off the ramp trailer and finish the job... It's a ramp trailer so when backing off the tractor tips up @ the front. OK, ... but I'm not on the ramps yet! In my haste I had left the belly plate down at the back and it had jammed into the trailer deck and lifted the front of the tractor. And bent.

Finally the last functioning brain cell took over. Pulled forward. Pulled the key. Walked to the cabin, had a little Jack and some dinner. Went to bed. Fixed it all in the AM and finished the job.

This was several years ago - and I still feel like an idiot. Darned lucky there was no major damage - and no injuries.

Z.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #36  
I mangled the steps on a stump obscured by brush on our JD 6200. That alone, didn't annoy me as much as the fact that the JD replacement was of flimsier construction, than the original.