So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #21  
Doesn’t it have diamond plate facing down? When I first saw that I thought the diamond plate surface would tend to catch and hang up on rocks or other obstructions but then not everyone has to deal with big rocks like I do.

I ended up making my own skid plate from 1/4” steel plate and so far it’s worked fine.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #22  
I'm still trying to figure out where this goes?

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #25  
That needs to be at least 1/4" thick material to not get mangled.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #26  
That needs to be at least 1/4" thick material to not get mangled.

Kinda what I was thinking too. Looks a little spinnley.. IDK..especially if it bends like a soup can.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #27  
I found this short video showing how it is removed. BXpanded Under Armor: How easy is it to remove?? - YouTube

Okay, after watching this video, it is very evident as to what happened to the OP's skid plate. In my mind, this is a terrible design. When the 3 point hitch is in the low position, the skid plate hangs down at an angle. It would be okay when going forward, but if you try to back up with it hanging down, it's going to dig into a stump or rock and get trashed. OP said he was brush hogging when this happened. I assume he had the 3 point hitch down, to lower his flail mower.

It seems like a really poor design.

Also, from the video, that plate does not look 1/8" to me. Looks more like 12 or 13 gauge.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #28  
Just watched the video below, and the narrator states, "you must keep the deck knob in the top position". I'm not familiar with the BX series, but it looks like you can set the knob to keep the MMM in the raised position. Go to 05:40 in the video below.

Geonnibravo, is it possible your deck knob broke, or wasn't in the TOP position?

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #29  
In my mind, this is a terrible design. When the 3 point hitch is in the low position, the skid plate hangs down at an angle. It would be okay when going forward, but if you try to back up with it hanging down, it's going to dig into a stump or rock and get trashed.

It would indeed be a terrible design it was ever hanging down when in use! But that would be extreme operator error. The Kubota BX MMM lift arms can easily be locked in the "up" position, just by twisting the height control knob to the "top" position. Once there, you can raise lower the 3ph arms to your heart's content and the under armor will not budge, and won't even rattle.

I've bought quite a few accessories for my tractor, and this was absolutely the best, and a really good value. It's very easy to install/remove, more than strong enough to perform it's job, and very effective in protecting fragile things below the frame.

Whatever went wrong with the OP's wasn't because of a poorly designed product, in my mind. Not sure why so many want to bash it without having seen it in person, and correctly mounted on a BX tractor.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #30  
Just watched the video below, and the narrator states, "you must keep the deck knob in the top position". I'm not familiar with the BX series, but it looks like you can set the knob to keep the MMM in the raised position. Go to 05:40 in the video below.

Geonnibravo, is it possible your deck knob broke, or wasn't in the TOP position?

After watching this video, we all know, including the OP what happened and what he failed to do and why it got wadded up. End of story.