So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #11  
Never got a response on a warranty either. Guess they are busy this time of year. Still a good company and products though.

A couple of other threads complain that they do not reply to messages or phone calls. Others say they do, so it seems to be hit or miss. Too busy, or bad management which I guess is the same thing.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #12  
Wow, not sure how that could happen, and not feel it, on a BX! Those plates are pretty stout, I have the same thing on my 2380.

As to the warranty, I can't see how this would be covered. What ever happened, it's unlikely the "fault" of the part. Never hurts to ask, tho.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #13  
Well James - it's best to leave your skid plates flat and only fold your tacos. Those original pics showed a tough nut to chew. Even if stuffed with shredded beaf and jalapeño cheese.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #14  
Wow, that definitely did not do it's job. Is that aluminum or steel? Also, what's the thickness. Almost looks like thin aluminum that has been painted.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #15  
Wow, that definitely did not do it's job. Is that aluminum or steel? Also, what's the thickness. Almost looks like thin aluminum that has been painted.

It's 1/8" steel. I can't imagine not feeling/hearing that happen on a 1500 lb machine! :shocked:

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #16  
It's 1/8" steel. I can't imagine not feeling/hearing that happen on a 1500 lb machine! :shocked:

I cant think that 1/8" steel would be much of an armor. I would look for at least 3/16 and 1/4" would be even better.

Maybe a stiffener or two welded to the bottom of the armor would help, something like a piece of 3/16" x2" thick flat bar would work to stiffen up that plate.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #18  
+1 .125 mild steel is minimal for such an application on even a 1,500# tractor.

I've been using the BXpanded under armor on my BX for three years now, and I think it's more than adequate for the purpose--keeping sticks and brush from getting into the wiring, fuel line, driveshaft boots, and the HST fan underneath the frame. Will it dent if you high center on pointy rocks or angled stumps? Yeah, it probably will, though it will still do it's job. But a BX isn't a log skidder, and shouldn't be used like one. I don't know what went wrong with the OP's, but that's not something I can imagine happening to mine, even when driving over brush and overgrown, uneven trails (which I have a lot of on my property).

Last edited:
   / So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #19  
For the intended use/purpose of the shield, and the BX, it is completely adequate. When you start doing things you shouldn't be, or accidents happen, all bets are off. But that is neither the fault of the part, or the tractor.

/ So this happened. BXPanded Underarmor destroyed. #20  
For the intended use/purpose of the shield, and the BX, it is completely adequate. When you start doing things you shouldn't be, or accidents happen, all bets are off. But that is neither the fault of the part, or the tractor.

I could not agree more.