Standing on Platform on FEL?

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #31  
Used every summer to elevate the trees bordering the fields.

Attachments

• BX62.JPG
    BX62.JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 117
   / Standing on Platform on FEL? #32  
Like the idea of a platform on pallet forks, beats climbing a ladder w/a saw. Hardly the right tool for the job but could save considerable time trimming trees, cleaning gutters etc.

Aside from failing hydraulics and lame FEL operators w/out MSL, how about adding backhoe subframe and stabilizer legs (whatever they're called)? Seems like it would help in the safety dept.

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #33  
Made my platform and real handy around the farm. Wife regularly uses the B26 and is a good operator of the M59.

Made safety legs for the platform. One will hold it up if you release the hydraulics. Design concept I wanted to try. Down side the platform will not fit where it’s stored in the barn so don’t normally use them.
IMG_1956.jpeg
IMG_1953.jpeg
IMG_2893.jpeg
IMG_1571.jpeg

Walk boards can be used different configurations, on rails or extended depending on job. Have ssqa hitch that attaches to the backhoe that allowed reach to one part of the barn.

Last edited:
   / Standing on Platform on FEL? #34  
SSQA on backhoe pic?

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #35  
About 2 weeks ago I was standing on the pallet when this happened. Luckily I was in a position to jump in the opposite direction. No one was injured. Things happen fast.

IMG_2902.jpeg

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #36  
"backhoe subframe and stabilizer legs (whatever they're called)? Seems like it would help in the safety dept."

Whatever the cost, cheaper than a hospital bill if you weren't so lucky???

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #37  
   / Standing on Platform on FEL? #38  
SSQA on backhoe pic?

ATI attachment.
Part of the barn I couldn’t reach with the FEL. Using the man basket either front or back, the backhoe outriggers are helpful to plumb the tractor on the hillside farm and prevent rolling over.

Plans to try some other ssqa attachments like Danuser Intimdator to pull evasives on steep road banks and hydraulic auger.

Attachments

• IMG_2938.jpeg
    IMG_2938.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
   / Standing on Platform on FEL? #39  
You are financially finished if the FEL crashes with anyone outside your immediate family on it.
The deceased's estate would/could still sue, immediate family or not...

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #40  
only u can decide if its worth the risk, just like motorcycles boats planes etc.....

I personally stand on mine all the time
Big box stores will sell a chainsaw to anyone with a credit card too! :LOL:
a good note & glad for the safe landing. thinking the failure was in arms, not the curl, being potentially more dangerous. regards
This is the reason I wear a harness and tie off to the carry all.