Standing on Platform on FEL?

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #41  
   / Standing on Platform on FEL? #42  
Had to try one of these. Did buy better bolts, washers, etc, will probably do some welding on it too.

I know, getting into the "shouldn't do that" territory, trimming trees, storing stuff in high places, painting gutters, seems it can get some use.

VEVOR Forklift Safety Cage Work Platform 43 X 45 in. 1400 lbs. Forklift Work Platform with Wheels, Orange CCGZPTCYMS214BM9RV0 - The Home Depot

I do have/had many motorcycles, had many boats (CGA Certified for Coastal piloting), learning to fly ATM, drive a car. Only a couple minor mishaps in my 65 years, so I'm either lucky or the ability to say no, hope it's the latter.

This work platform and forks is not too much for the 2501 to handle easily, mechanically speaking (maybe 400lbs total).

Last edited:
   / Standing on Platform on FEL? #43  
Had to try one of these. Did buy better bolts, washers, etc, will probably do some welding on it too.

I know, getting into the "shouldn't do that" territory, trimming trees, storing stuff in high places, painting gutters, seems it can get some use.

VEVOR Forklift Safety Cage Work Platform 43 X 45 in. 1400 lbs. Forklift Work Platform with Wheels, Orange CCGZPTCYMS214BM9RV0 - The Home Depot

I do have/had many motorcycles, had many boats (CGA Certified for Coastal piloting), learning to fly ATM, drive a car. Only a couple minor mishaps in my 65 years, so I'm either lucky or the ability to say no, hope it's the latter.

This work platform and forks is not too much for the 2501 to handle easily, mechanically speaking (maybe 400lbs total).
Like the bigger one you got over the 3’x3’.

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #44  
I have a 4 x 12 foot wooden work platform that is getting a bit shaky I have thought about a 4 x 10 ft from steel.

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #45  
I imagine that in lightly loaded lifts most hydraulic/leak/burst failures happen at end of travel. Lowering the relief valve setting temporarily should lessen the risk on a people lift.

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #46  
I have a 4 x 12 foot wooden work platform that is getting a bit shaky I have thought about a 4 x 10 ft from steel.
I found one at a scrapyard on a boom lift, added fork pockets, done

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #47  

Seems a bit more, always get a bit more, like L vs B. B had self leveling, not much good if it can't lift and stay on its feet :cautious:

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #48  
Suburban Plowboy, have a look at late model diggers. You are looking at the pipe work on each ram. All the extra stuff is to prevent a catastrophic drop if a hose blows out. You can probably add this gear (don't know what it is called) to your tractor's hydraulics.

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #49  
I have one of the 3x3 work platforms for forklift forks that I lift with my 5055E. I do wish the railing were a little higher, I'm a tall guy. I know I could make it higher, but I just make sure I'm never reaching too far. If I am, I move the tractor.

I don't climb up into it, I have my 13 year old son run the loader. He's been doing it for a while and is good at it. I won't use it on uneven ground and if my son has to move the tractor, I'll have him lower me to within a few feet of the ground. That tractor has an extremely slow crawler, so it works well. We use hand signals.

I have had him move me around a bit higher, but only on a shop concrete floor. Since the shop at my new place is red iron, I don't think a ladder is safe except for on the walls.

I know a man-lift would be safer, but at least I'm not standing on a pallet. I might have to look into one of the styles shown here with the stands as a backup.

/ Standing on Platform on FEL? #50  
I have one of the 3x3 work platforms for forklift forks that I lift with my 5055E. I do wish the railing were a little higher, I'm a tall guy. I know I could make it higher, but I just make sure I'm never reaching too far. If I am, I move the tractor.

I don't climb up into it, I have my 13 year old son run the loader. He's been doing it for a while and is good at it. I won't use it on uneven ground and if my son has to move the tractor, I'll have him lower me to within a few feet of the ground. That tractor has an extremely slow crawler, so it works well. We use hand signals.

I have had him move me around a bit higher, but only on a shop concrete floor. Since the shop at my new place is red iron, I don't think a ladder is safe except for on the walls.

I know a man-lift would be safer, but at least I'm not standing on a pallet. I might have to look into one of the styles shown here with the stands as a backup.
Like a good sturdy hand rail to hold on to or know it’s there if using both hands like with a chainsaw.
Wife is a good operator when I’m in the basket. Don’t think she knows how scared I am.