Stump Grinder Finished

/ Stump Grinder Finished #21  
Me too! Maiden voyage yesterday! 20 some stumps! 4"-20" pine, some 6"-10" cherry. I'm happy with it! Poor pictures, better ones to follow! Hey-"DaBear"---I did it! ~Scotty

Excellent workmanship.

One word of advice: wear eye and ear protection around that beast.

/ Stump Grinder Finished #22  
wow! Great work.. I should make this my first thing to do project as I have a lot of rotting stumps around here.. Do you have any plan I can use? If you designed it yourself, any chance you are willing to share a list of items you used to build it?

Thanks!

/ Stump Grinder Finished #23  
I have to agree with everyone else on this. Fantastic Job and excellent workmanship! to both of you.

Mike

/ Stump Grinder Finished #24  
If you don't mind? May I ask why did you decide to use PTO driven instead of full hydraulic system? It would probably eliminate the risk of damaging the tractor because if the grinder gets stuck, it is the hydraulic motor that could get damaged and is easier (probably cheap too) to replace rather than to fix the PTO system?

Fecon uses full hydraulic system and its powerful hammer teeth could easily grind through anything.

I was just wondering and is it possible because it is cheaper to use PTO system or because PTO has more HP/speed than what hydraulic system can offer??

/ Stump Grinder Finished #25  
Looks a well designed & constructed machine. Congratulations.

/ Stump Grinder Finished #27  
Both are very nice jobs!!!!

How long did it take to build that ? :D

/ Stump Grinder Finished #28  
If you don't mind? May I ask why did you decide to use PTO driven instead of full hydraulic system? It would probably eliminate the risk of damaging the tractor because if the grinder gets stuck, it is the hydraulic motor that could get damaged and is easier (probably cheap too) to replace rather than to fix the PTO system?

Fecon uses full hydraulic system and its powerful hammer teeth could easily grind through anything.

I was just wondering and is it possible because it is cheaper to use PTO system or because PTO has more HP/speed than what hydraulic system can offer??

Most farm tractors have a hydraulic output of no more than 25% of their engine output, so when driving it hydraulically, you need to use a PTO driven pump. Pump plus motor plus hoses plus safety relief = big $$$

The PTO drive is much more efficient, and is protected by a slip clutch on the grinder side. (the funny looking u-joint coupler)

/ Stump Grinder Finished #29  
Great looking job!!!!!!!!!!!! If you happen to run out of stumps, I've got lots. Again well done.