Suggestions on a new trailer

/ Suggestions on a new trailer #1  

timswi

Tractor
Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris RZR 900 Trail
I need to be able to haul my BX23 TLB and RTV1100 along with the Chevelle once in a while.

I've been looking around W. Pa and E. Ohio and the prices are all over the map with no real obvious difference in quality or accessories.

Anyone in this area have any suggestion on dealers or brands...Thinking 16' since I'll be pulling with a 04 GMC 4x4 with a 5.3 and 3:73's.

Any sugggestions or help would be appreciated.

/ Suggestions on a new trailer #2  
16 seems a little short for a Chevelle. I would go 18' and get tandem 5,200# axles with brake on both and 82" between axles. Since you are in the snow/salt/rust belt get one with a wood deck so it will not be so slick and lighter for your truck, good paint, sealed lights and wiring, ect. I would even look at one that is rhino lined for longevity.

Chris

/ Suggestions on a new trailer #3  
I don't know how close you are to these folks? Nor do I know what all they sell these days. I know they sell Moritz but I have no personal experiance with that brand.

I bought a gooseneck flatbed from them years ago at the state farm show. The price was good and they were good people to work with at that time.

I trust that you have taken the time to read through some of the many threads here on trailers?

/ Suggestions on a new trailer #4  
I have a 20' 7000 GVW Dual axle brake dove tail.In my Avatar. I use a 01 F-250 5.4 with a 373 gear. It does everything and more for my needs. Do yourself a big favor and get a Elec. .It will only take about One Time having to pull the Chevelle on it to find out why. Grew up with a good friend that had a 69 SS 454 with a 4spd it was Brutel to the Built Small Blocks and 350's. It hurt alot of feelings :cool:

Carey

Last edited:
   / Suggestions on a new trailer #6  
I bought my 24' gooseneck at Appalachian Trailer in eastern Ohio. Not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer.

/ Suggestions on a new trailer #7  
a 16' 7K trailer are a dime a dozzen. you may be able to get away with it espeically with the 2 smaller items.

16'flat 2' dove 7K are second most popular.

Based on my experience in my area looking for a trailer, a 20' flat (or 18'flat 2' dove) with dual 5200lb axles is going to run almost twice as much as the first trailer.

/ Suggestions on a new trailer
Thanks guys...I'll check out some of the suggested dealers. They're kinda tough to find around here since they are all multi-line and yahoo/google don't help much.

I've seen both 6k and 7k trailers although the axles are the same...Who knows. PA law requires brakes on both axles, so i have to watch for that if buying out of state. I do like the beaver tail as the ramps on the 16' flat decks have a steeper incline than I like. I can live with it, but a flatter load would be better.

The Chevelle is a 70 SS 396. Will be beginning a freshen up on it this winter. It almost fit on a friends 16' landscape trailer, it was about 3" too wide. The wife's Nova fit perfect.

Last edited:
   / Suggestions on a new trailer #9  
I don't know what your budget is, but I recommend Worthington trailers. They are in built in Muncy, Pa.-all aluminum construction. I just bought a 18' utility trailer. The dealer had a 18' Worthington ca rhauler sitting in the lot when I picked mine up...looked like a nice unit to haul a classic car on.

Will

/ Suggestions on a new trailer
I don't know what your budget is, but I recommend Worthington trailers. They are in built in Muncy, Pa.-all aluminum construction. I just bought a 18' utility trailer. The dealer had a 18' Worthington ca rhauler sitting in the lot when I picked mine up...looked like a nice unit to haul a classic car on.

Will

Do you know what they want for it?...Saw aluminum trailers in Ohio...Very nice, but they ran 5-6k for a 16'...Hard to sell that to the wife. I have to be realistic. The Kubota's will be on it most of the time. The Chevelle, once in a great while.

I'd prefer to buy new. Who knows what was done to a used one and what maintenance was never done. Most of the used ones that I've seen have marginal decks and dry rotted tires. The prices aren't that great. For the right money, I could replace the axles and wheels/tires. Not when you're starting at $1200 though.