Table saw fence

/ Table saw fence #1  

czechsonofagun

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750
Before I start combing the internet I ask here. I just purchased Walker - Turner table saw. Beautiful piece, old, made in USA of course, very solid, very heavy, running great and missing the ripping fence.

Now I don't want to invest in Biesemeyer just yet, it would cost me more than the saw - not necessarily bad thing, but I want to use it now with minimum money invested.

OK, all that said, the table is 32.5" deep and the fence and the rails for the fence are missing. What would you do? Just clamp a straight board to it? I am open to suggestions.

/ Table saw fence #3  
your best bet is to look through the net and find how the original one was built and try to clone or closely duplicate it, if you are looking for a makeshift rip fence you could start with getting some 2x2 stainless box tubing cut to length, cap the ends drill the caps and run a threaded torsion rod through it hooks on each end and a knob to tighten on the user end,:thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Table saw fence
I have a fence from contractor saw that bit the dust. The first plan was to bolt a 2x2" tubing on the front and the back over spacers for the rails and than adopt the fence I have using longer C channel or such.

And yes, Kenny, Grizzly was one of the first places I searched and the Fox looks system looks doable, still pricey.

This is what a search turned out, interesting.

/ Table saw fence #5  
I have a fence from contractor saw that bit the dust. The first plan was to bolt a 2x2" tubing on the front and the back over spacers for the rails and than adopt the fence I have using longer C channel or such.

And yes, Kenny, Grizzly was one of the first places I searched and the Fox looks system looks doable, still pricey.

This is what a search turned out, interesting.

The BIG advantage of the Bissy and clones is that no rear support is needed, you only have to have a front rail. That old classic WT saw deserves a nice fence, and so do you fingers;)

/ Table saw fence
Here is a picture.

Attachments

• 410636224_o.jpg
    410636224_o.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 905
   / Table saw fence #7  
Get a Biese; you won't regret it. I have an extra one still NIB that I'll sell you cheap. Where are you?

/ Table saw fence #8  
If you really want that Walker Turner table saw to be the saw it should be don't mess around get the Biesemeyer fence. I have a 1954 model Sears saw that belonged to my Grandfather. I was getting ready to buy a new saw when I put a Biesemeyer fence on it. I then told my wife I just saved her $1,500.00 or more. I love my new 1954 Sears table saw. I know Walker-Turner tools. That same Grandfather had two 900 series 15" drill press's that I have now.

/ Table saw fence #10  
I bought a lathe, dust collector and some other stuff from an older gentleman who was slowing down. He has a table saw he is very proud of that looks similar to your photo. It's not quite the same and I do not remember the brand name. That saw has two blades (like a rip and a finish). When one blade is up in the working position the other is down under the table. A hand crank is used to swap their positions. Has anybody here ever seem one like that?
KW

PS: I might be interested in that Bissy fence NIB for sale.