Table saw fence

/ Table saw fence #21  
The saw is only as good as the rip fence,Keep looking till you get the setup that will turn your table saw from a dust collection system to a usable tool:)
Army Grunt

/ Table saw fence #23  
Fence on my saw is 16' long. I built from two 8' pieces of aluminum channel I got from scrap yard. Needed it that long to straighten 8' boards. Cost me 10$ plus a little time. Aaron :confused2:

/ Table saw fence #24  
Thought I would post my table saw pic. My Orthopedic surgeon told me, after 3 surgeries, that of all his adult male hand injuries half are caused by a table saw and the other half by everything else on the planet. I am by no means a member of the safety police, but when I tell you it takes less than a second I am exaggerating, it was infinitely less than a second.

As bad and painful as that looks you are very lucky not to have lost any fingers or complete hand for that matter, :(
I've been operating saw's over 35 years and I always use a push stick when getting within 12-16" to the blade, I've seen the results from other folks who have lost their fingers,
I now have 2 saws given to me by people who stopped using them because of cutting off a fingers, they store them in their basement and hire me to do the work:thumbsup: and then tell me their story about how they lost their fingers and then show me the saw that "Done it to them" :cool: and offer to give me the saws, one saw is a older craftsman 8" radial arm saw, the other was a Makita 10" contractors table saw, I use both of these saws daily although the blood stains remind me of how quickly an accident can happen, so far "knock on wood" the only injury I have sustained is the loss of good hearing due to not wearing ear plugs throughout all these years,:ashamed:

Last edited:
   / Table saw fence #25  
Hand injuries and table saws etc...(just a reminder)

It goes without saying that anyone operating power tools (especially cutting tools) should take all necessary safety precautions...

...One of the most often cited reasons for tablesaw etc. injuries is being interupted by a someone entering your workspace and breaking your concentration....

be prudent and safe and inform all family memebers etc. to not interupt or disturb anyone operating a saw etc...

/ Table saw fence #26  
I am in Virginia. Sent you a PM.

I never use scales on woodworking tools, I always measure - means that part of pro saw fence would be lost on me.

I appreciate that, but once you get used to the absolute accuracy of a Biese-type fence--frankly the scale on my fence is probably better at setting up a cut than I am trying to measure from the edge of a tooth. I love that I can slide the fence over to 3" on the scale, lock it, rip a board, and it's 3". Not 2 63/64" but 3":thumbsup:

/ Table saw fence
The saw is only as good as the rip fence,Keep looking till you get the setup that will turn your table saw from a dust collection system to a usable tool:)
Army Grunt

I beg to differ. If you are only an operator maybe, but woodworking does not start with rip fence.

/ Table saw fence #29  
should say, saw is only good as operator, :thumbsup: :laughing: :confused2: