Table saw fence

/ Table saw fence #31  
Incra makes a very nice fence system

Ken

Sure do, but if he won't spring for a Bissy or even a clone of the Bissy like the Shop Fox, he sure as heck isn't going to pay for a Incra!

/ Table saw fence #32  
Even the old Rockwell Badger fences aren't that bad if the saw is tuned carefully, I was surprised at how well mine works. Having 0.010-0.015 more clearance on the outfeed side reduces kickback by a lot.

Maybe someday I'll invest in a better fence system, but I don't make cabinets either.

Sean

/ Table saw fence #33  
I've run a Jet 10" Pro saw for years, and it's been a solid, reliable unit. Has Jet's version of a Biesemeyer fence, and it works quite well, is very accurate, and retains setup over the long term. It's so accurate and repeatable I've just about stopped using a tape for most work. It's only a $700 or $800 saw, but it's plenty good enough for my uses (which stop short of fine cabinetry building). I wired it for 240V and it has plenty of power and never bogs on me. I like Jet tools, they seem to be pretty well built.

/ Table saw fence #35  

Good price!
I use that fence and it is most accurate once set up correctly.
Simple, rugged accurate.
Even splitting a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood won't deflect that fence.

It is a single point mount (front only), but tough build handles deflection issues.

That is the ideal fence for your application (other than OEM, which won't happen)

/ Table saw fence #36  
Before I start combing the internet I ask here. I just purchased Walker - Turner table saw. Beautiful piece, old, made in USA of course, very solid, very heavy, running great and missing the ripping fence.

Now I don't want to invest in Biesemeyer just yet, it would cost me more than the saw - not necessarily bad thing, but I want to use it now with minimum money invested.

OK, all that said, the table is 32.5" deep and the fence and the rails for the fence are missing. What would you do? Just clamp a straight board to it? I am open to suggestions.

Hey its 2020, and there are many new table saw fences are there which i want to mention:-

1. Vega U26 Table Saw Fence
2. Shop Fox W1410 Fence
3. Shop Fox W2006 Classic Fence with 7-Foot Rails and Legs
4. Delta 36-T30T3 Table Saw Fence
5. Shop Fox W2005 Table Saw Fence

And there are many more. And there are several factors on which it depend to chose which one that are:-
Rip Capacity
Weight
Build Material
Size of Table Saw
Easy to Install

You can read more about them. If we consider all things then it will be helpful to chose correct one.
My personal favourite is Shop Fox W1410 Fence . Its value for money for me..
I was using it from years and don't get any prob.

Best regards

/ Table saw fence #37  
You don't have a good table saw without a good fence..."clamping a board to it" will make for a bloody accident.
I can't say I agree with that... I have two Unisaws and a BIG Huss... I've never had anything but a homemade fence (read board) on the Huss, and I still have all of my fingers because I've never had an accident with any of my table saws.

I've also had many different "jigs" made from wood clamped to my saws too, many used without a factory fence...

IF, I was the OP, I'd make a good stiff fence out of wood and then save for what ever fence I wanted!

SR

/ Table saw fence #38  
I can't say I agree with that... I have two Unisaws and a BIG Huss... I've never had anything but a homemade fence (read board) on the Huss, and I still have all of my fingers because I've never had an accident with any of my table saws.

I've also had many different "jigs" made from wood clamped to my saws too, many used without a factory fence...

IF, I was the OP, I'd make a good stiff fence out of wood and then save for what ever fence I wanted!

SR

It only took you 10 years to disagree LOL. I wish my wife would wait half as long!