Table saw fence

/ Table saw fence #11  
I bought a lathe, dust collector and some other stuff from an older gentleman who was slowing down. He has a table saw he is very proud of that looks similar to your photo. It's not quite the same and I do not remember the brand name. That saw has two blades (like a rip and a finish). When one blade is up in the working position the other is down under the table. A hand crank is used to swap their positions. Has anybody here ever seem one like that?
KW

PS: I might be interested in that Bissy fence NIB for sale.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Double arbor tilting saw with rip and cross cut blades mounted.

Credits: Woodshop Tool Maintenance - Cunningham and Holtrop

Attachments

• MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 229
   / Table saw fence
Get a Biese; you won't regret it. I have an extra one still NIB that I'll sell you cheap. Where are you?

I am in Virginia. Sent you a PM.

I never use scales on woodworking tools, I always measure - means that part of pro saw fence would be lost on me.

Last edited:
   / Table saw fence #13  
Here is a picture.

my old Rockwell looks very similar made as your saw, Mine has a 1- 1/4 bar across the front that the rip fence clamp slips over, you might duplicate this onto your saw, this picture is a very close resemblance to mine, you can see the bar on front, I only keep this saw because its old and durable :cool: of course I have newer and more modern table saw's that I actually use,:D

Last edited:
   / Table saw fence
Thanks, I think WT was purchased by Rockwell.

/ Table saw fence #15  
SandburRanch --- Thanks for the reply regarding the double arbor tilting saw.
The picture you attached looks very much like what he has. I believe his came out of a furniture factory in Butler Indiana. Here is a picture from the back side that also shows the fence.This saw was originally ran of a "main" drive shaft with a belt. The dedicated motor was added later.
KW

Attachments

• Table saw.JPG
    Table saw.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 397
   / Table saw fence #16  
SandburRanch --- Thanks for the reply regarding the double arbor tilting saw.
The picture you attached looks very much like what he has. I believe his came out of a furniture factory in Butler Indiana. Here is a picture from the back side that also shows the fence.This saw was originally ran of a "main" drive shaft with a belt. The dedicated motor was added later.
KW
-------------------------------------------------------------------
You're welcome.

I could talk old wood working machines all day. And the ones you guys have are some serious machines unlike my old 8" Craftsman with a tilt table and not enough power to kick a board back but just pulls down and dies when things bind.

But I do know that a fence like the one on deepNdirt's saw has some value. I was at an auction where they were selling choice from some shelving. There were two fences and the bid was 5 bucks. You bet I took both for 10 even though I had nothing they would come close to fitting but the two sold on fleabay for more than some saws are worth.

/ Table saw fence #17  
Thought I would post my table saw pic. My Orthopedic surgeon told me, after 3 surgeries, that of all his adult male hand injuries half are caused by a table saw and the other half by everything else on the planet. I am by no means a member of the safety police, but when I tell you it takes less than a second I am exaggerating, it was infinitely less than a second.

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 2,418
   / Table saw fence #18  
With a sweet piece of American machinery like that, you need to check out the guys at Old Wood-Working Machines (OWWM) - Welcome
WARNING: Highly Addictive

X2!

OWWM is a great place to hang out, lots of W-T guys on there doing restorations. Walker-Turner made incredibly nice tools. Here's a photo of a 12" 1935 Walker-Turner "Driver" model band saw I recently restored and use every day. All cast iron, heavy as heck. 75 years old and I wouldn't trade it for a new one.

Attachments

• 1935 Walker-Turner Bandsaw 2.jpg
    1935 Walker-Turner Bandsaw 2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 982
   / Table saw fence #19  
Thought I would post my table saw pic. My Orthopedic surgeon told me, after 3 surgeries, that of all his adult male hand injuries half are caused by a table saw and the other half by everything else on the planet. I am by no means a member of the safety police, but when I tell you it takes less than a second I am exaggerating, it was infinitely less than a second.

Wow. Brutal. Thanks for the pic. I always wonder if I should have shelled out the extra bux for a SawStop. Much cheaper than 3 surgeries. Experiences like yours make me even more careful. I preplan and visualize every cut before turning on the saw.

/ Table saw fence
Wayne, I learned my lesson already. Much smaller damage to my left hand, but it still did hurt - a kerf in middle finger and tip off of little finger.

And you are right, it is a fraction of a second or a ohno second to hurt yourself.

The story goes on, I took the saw apart and cleaned it with scotch pad, lubricated everything and put it back together. There was a busted self aligning bearing for the tilt. Also the bearing housing was cracked, I will have to make a new; luckily the bearing was just a google search away.