The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner?

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #442  
I remember when my dad had a 240V adaptor he made to use 120 volt HD extension cords.

He forgot to disconnect it from the 240 source and plugged in a 7 inch hand held grinder. When he hit the power button it spun so hard it went flying out of his hand and also killed the motor. It sure supecharged it for a second or two.
I've got a homemade one that plugs into 240 but has a standard 120 receptacle on the other end but only uses one hot leg, so I can get 120v in emergencies for welders/chopsaws/whatever that I can't blow a breaker on easily. It's a bit unorthodox but as long as you don't melt your equipment down the rest of the circuit certainly won't. Don't try this at home kids. You didn't read it here.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #443  
I'm late to this party but I've had 6x6s since they first came out starting with the Polaris 500 6x6. ATV and SxS. Added Can Am to the mix when Polaris stopped making the SxS. I know for a fact they they'll go places a 4X4 can't and haul an entire moose while doing so.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #444  
I'm late to this party but I've had 6x6s since they first came out starting with the Polaris 500 6x6. ATV and SxS. Added Can Am to the mix when Polaris stopped making the SxS. I know for a fact they they'll go places a 4X4 can't and haul an entire moose while doing so.
Polaris quit there 6x6? We have a brp version which we like very much.
6x6grooms606.jpg

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #445  
I've got a homemade one that plugs into 240 but has a standard 120 receptacle on the other end but only uses one hot leg, so I can get 120v in emergencies for welders/chopsaws/whatever that I can't blow a breaker on easily. It's a bit unorthodox but as long as you don't melt your equipment down the rest of the circuit certainly won't. Don't try this at home kids. You didn't read it here.

I built a set also for the Lotos pilot arc plasma, TIG, stick.

I have a new "wish I bought it sooner," and it is a companion for my old Drill doctor 750

A new Vevor 13B drill sharpener.
It is very precise all metal construction where the DD is less so. I have been changing some bits to 135* from 118* and adding split points.
The old drill Doctor will do larger bits up to 3/4" though so it is still a keeper.

Attachments

• PXL_20240227_200839765.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20240227_200839765.NIGHT.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
   / The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #446  
Years ago I bought a heavy duty 10 gauge 120v extension cord. The male end cut at about 24" and wired a female 240v socket to it. The long female end a male 240v plug on it. The two 240v plugged together it's a heavy duty 120v cord. Two 120s together it's a 240v cord for welder.
I'm only one using it and never left 240v plugged in which would have 240v on a 120v female socket.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #449  
Well, for me it's definitely a cheap Chinese Baby Digger. Never Ever would I have expected to find a tool so handy. Sad that I waited till I became an old man before I bought one. :rolleyes:
What's the round-figure cost on those little bad boys?

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #450  

What's the round-figure cost on those little bad boys?
I gave 6500 for mine tax and delivery included, but I think prices are dropping. Mine is the L12 which I think is one of the better models. there are some different models in the 4000 price range.