Tire chains on tractor tires

/ Tire chains on tractor tires #21  
I have always run chains on my smaller tractors. They make all the difference in the world.

Ladder chains on a turf tire are a match made in heaven.

20181026_160334.jpg

20190117_141530.jpg

/ Tire chains on tractor tires
DJ
You know how to fit chains to a tire. No need for hanging bungy cords and springs on the side when the chains are fitted to the tires. Good job. (y)(y)

/ Tire chains on tractor tires #23  
DJ
You know how to fit chains to a tire. No need for hanging bungy cords and springs on the side when the chains are fitted to the tires. Good job. (y)(y)
Thanks, it's not easy, but they aren't going anywhere. I wouldn't be able to do that for my JD4320, but I have not needed chains for that.

Dave

/ Tire chains on tractor tires #24  
Forward traction with ladder chains (especially those with V-bars) is good. They worked well clearing snow from my driveway.

However, the lateral traction was not so good for my use. I had to switch to the “Euro-style” chains for working on rougher terrain in the woods and on side hills.

/ Tire chains on tractor tires #25  
I have always run chains on my smaller tractors. They make all the difference in the world.

Ladder chains on a turf tire are a match made in heaven.

View attachment 856481
View attachment 856483
Ladder chains, especially with 2 link spacing do an adequate job as far as traction as far a securing your tractor to the terrain they do not come close to Euro style studded chains.
100_4187.JPG

I have used most styles of tire chains, from the double ring and duo grip, the v bar reinforced, the square link chains, two link spaced, and 4 link spaced, the studded Euro pattern chains are the best ones I have bought, the multiple diamond ones look to be even better.
I would like to try a set of these,
1710002480585.jpeg

/ Tire chains on tractor tires #26  
I’ve used V-Bar ladder style, V-Bar Duo Grip, and now the studded Euro style (same style as what Lou is using) - all on the same tractor with the same tires used with all 3 styles of chains. I agree with Lou: the Euro style are by far the best for my use (and also the most expensive).

I’ve never seen the multiple diamond type in a size that fits my tires. They are similar to what many skidders and other logging equipment in my area use. In addition to the traction, they provide pretty good protection for the tires when working in rocky terrain

/ Tire chains on tractor tires
Thanks, it's not easy, but they aren't going anywhere. I wouldn't be able to do that for my JD4320, but I have not needed chains for that.

Dave

Why not for the JD 4320? Inside fender room?

/ Tire chains on tractor tires #28  
I bought these specifically for clearance issues. Highly recommend them for that application.

Attachments

• IMG_0631.png
    IMG_0631.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
   / Tire chains on tractor tires #29  
I bought these specifically for clearance issues. Highly recommend them for that application.
I put a similar patter square link chain on my Honda Pioneer 520 UTV. I wanted some traction for plowing snow, but was concerned about going with studded, since I did not want to tear up the paved loop of driveway. It's been working well so far.

P520 with Chains.jpg

/ Tire chains on tractor tires #30  
Why not for the JD 4320? Inside fender room?
For one, I have never needed them. I use the bucket and rear snowblower with no traction issues. 2nd would be the price for something I don't really need. 3rd I'll be 62 this year and I think they would be a big PITA for me to screw with.

Dave