To CAB or NOT

/ To CAB or NOT #91  
Preferring OOS for everything else, is a big part of the reason I got a tractor big enough to push a plow, so I could sell my snowblower. Back when I ran a snowblower on my tractor, it seemed like no matter which way I blew the snow, it was into the wind. Also, it was much slower than the plow, in all but the deepest snow.

I don't mind being out in the weather, when it's not blowing back at me!

/ To CAB or NOT #92  
If we get any snow that amounts to any thing I just wait
a day or two cause it will melt

willy

/ To CAB or NOT #93  
I am not an expert by no means, but have a open station and in Texas there are times when is just too much to "enjoy the outdoors" then I went to a cab setup and enjoying the outdoors just feels much better. Yes I cleaned up many of my trees so I can go with minimal concern for hitting low branches. Go CAB.

/ To CAB or NOT #94  
Ironically, I know one old farmer who will never buy another cab tractor because of bees. He didn’t notice that they had built a nest inside the cab of his tractor until he was hauling a manure spreader down a road with steep ditches on each side.

The bees began their attack at some point and he began swatting at them. During the resulting shaky maneuvering, a can of starter fluid fell down and discharged, filling the cab with fumes. He passed out and rolled the tractor on its side in the ditch, doing massive damage, but fortunately breaking enough glsss so he could get fresh air and breath again.
That farmer had to have had the worst luck in the world , followed by a little good luck.

/ To CAB or NOT #95  
Tractor cabs should be designed for more practical use with the cab open. My dozer doors pin back against the side so you can operate it with them open with minimal risk of breaking it. My mini x door works the same way. The way tractor doors stay open at 45 degrees out breaking them is almost guaranteed if you try moving the tractor with it open.

Attachments

• IMG_6954.JPG
    IMG_6954.JPG
    947 KB · Views: 27
   / To CAB or NOT #96  
Tractor cabs should be designed for more practical use with the cab open. My dozer doors pin back against the side so you can operate it with them open with minimal risk of breaking it. My mini x door works the same way. The way tractor doors stay open at 45 degrees out breaking them is almost guaranteed if you try moving the tractor with it open.
10-4. I don't even move my tractor with the doors hanging open. The rear quarters and the rear window itself can be opened with less chance of damage. The rear quarters don't provide any meaningful ventilation and I don't trust the rear window flapping around. The doors aren't easily removed. The solution is to run either heating or cooling when in the cab. Suits me fine.

There's always the little Ford if all of a sudden I need to be out in the open to feel the wind.

/ To CAB or NOT #97  
After almost 14 years in an open cab, I would definitely recommend you getting a cab! I have a long driveway and large parking area to plow or blow in the winter. Often I would use my ATV and plow to clean up the smaller snow events. This year I bought a side by side with a full cab and heater. Now I am using that for all but the heaviest snows or opening up the width with my blower on the tractor. I usually have to turn off the heater, it gets so warm in the cab.

/ To CAB or NOT #98  
That's an interesting idea, and it would be good to be able to lock the doors open and out of the way. But in reality, many doors on cabbed tractors are hinged on a B pillar which is typically located close the back of the cab, so there wouldn't be much in the way of support for the door, which would probably extend beyond the lower links on the 3-point.

/ To CAB or NOT #99  
I haven't tallied the results, but it appears that those feeling most strongly in favor of the cab seem to be far north or far south, citing snow and heat. PA occasionally sees below 0°F and above 100°F, but our daytime highs most days fall in a 20F - 90F window, with overnight lows being 20F cooler. Not too terrible.

I suspect if we plotted the cab vs. not answers by latitude, it'd look a bit like a bathtub curve, with a few outliers due to age or specific usage profiles.

/ To CAB or NOT #100  
If your on hilly terrain and or do work on snow and ice,plan on repairs of your cab & windows.Very easy to smash stuff no matter how good an operator you are!