To CAB or NOT

/ To CAB or NOT #101  
I do much work on snow and ice. Every year (except this one, lol).

I've never damaged or "smashed" anything.

I've been in and out and in between tree rows. Many times. Many random fields.

/ To CAB or NOT #102  
With several cabbed tractors at the farm and several thousand hours of operation on them plus my cabbed tractors at my place on hills and in hedgerows and around woods for many years, we have not lost a window on any cabbed tractor, we have lost mirrors a couple of times.
I guess I shouldn't say we haven't lost any windows as we did lose the cab on one that took off sideways on a wet grassy sidehill one afternoon and ended up on it's side in a gulley. Thankfully that was a cabbed tractor.

Last edited:
   / To CAB or NOT #103  
We ended up with one cabbed tractor and several open station. Yesterday we had an unusual snow fall close to 4 feet! Today I'll be in the cabbed tractor - a full size TLB - an old JD310. It's a lot of machine, but has no special attachments for dealing with snow. Now way to mount a blade or blower.

I think the best way to deal with this much snow is to drive forward until the FEL bucket is full, dump, and repeat. It does have decent ten year old industrial tires, so traction shouldn't be a problem. Not planning to try any hills, though.

/ To CAB or NOT #104  
I do much work on snow and ice. Every year (except this one, lol).

I've been in and out and in between tree rows. Many times. Many random fields.

Same here, and I am on hilly land that is covered in trees. Not sure where that comment is coming from?

/ To CAB or NOT #105  
Ever slammed your tongue in the door of your cab? I hate it when that happens! :oops:

Some of these arguments are almost as silly. :ROFLMAO:

/ To CAB or NOT #106  
Anyone knock your false teeth out hitting a stump with
a bucket :ROFLMAO:

willy

Last edited:
   / To CAB or NOT #107  
I know a few people that claim to like an open station more than a cab but I don’t even think they believe it when they say it. I’ll take a cab any day, even in the woods you just have to be careful.
Wrong, I do not want a cab unless you give it to me.

/ To CAB or NOT #108  
I had two teeth go through my upper lip from a tree limb.
Hurt like crazy and bled a lot.
That would not have happened with a cab.

Now I have home made limb guards to prevent that in the future.

/ To CAB or NOT #109  
I had two teeth go through my upper lip from a tree limb.
Hurt like crazy and bled a lot.
That would not have happened with a cab.

Now I have home made limb guards to prevent that in the future.
Well at least the human body heals up on its own and now you got some scars to show for it. A cab would have cost money to repair, glass replacement etc.

/ To CAB or NOT #110  
Well at least the human body heals up on its own and now you got some scars to show for it. A cab would have cost money to repair, glass replacement etc.
lol. Say that to an eye.