Trespassing signs

/ Trespassing signs #151  
. So-called 'nature lovers' (hikers, horse folks, etc) are the absolute worst as far as respecting landowners. They feel that they are entitled to using your land, and are the first to leave litter behind. I still have yet to ever see a horse rider carry a pooper-scooper.
Seriously, you'd want riders to pick up the manure? And do what with it? It's grass clippings for all intents and purposes, anyway.

I will say this though, there are riders who drink/smoke/litter and somehow just can't seem to pack out what they packed in. I see beer cans, water bottles, empty lighters, smoke boxes along trails. I just don't get that.

/ Trespassing signs #152  
Go to the NRA
David Pidgeon

/ Trespassing signs #153  
Seriously, you'd want riders to pick up the manure? And do what with it? It's grass clippings for all intents and purposes, anyway.

I will say this though, there are riders who drink/smoke/litter and somehow just can't seem to pack out what they packed in. I see beer cans, water bottles, empty lighters, smoke boxes along trails. I just don't get that.

I'll take all the horse manure they want to leave. Works good spread around the rhubarb and roses or tilled into the main garden.

Trash is what really pisses me off, especially broken glass bottles and tossed cigarette butts.

How about a sign, "Pretty trespassers will be violated, then prosecuted. All others take their chances."

/ Trespassing signs #154  
If you live in FL you should look up the tespass laws, you might be suprised. I put Tree Farm signs on my fence. Why? A fence itself in FL is a no tresspass marker. Trespassing on agricultural property in FL with a firearm is a felony. Tresspass period is a misdemenor. However, in FL the owner or his represenative may arrest the offender on the spot and detain them for the LEOs.

Read your laws and know the law. You may not need a no trespass sign.
Ed

/ Trespassing signs #156  
In our family we own close to 800 acres so we go where we want, when we want., but others thought the same. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! We solved the problem by going out at verious times of the day or night and firing off lots of rounds of ammo. Sometimes it sounded like a war zone, we had a blast! and it was very effective too with unwanted people. The stories that were told were really funny even the law men who come to investigate chuckled. People don't even ask to hunt our land, its great! Like our own little country!. . .Word of mouth and reputatin work the best for us .. . Shoot first, ask questions later. . .John :thumbsup:

/ Trespassing signs #157  
I would make a sign that said, "TRESPASSERS SHOT ! SURVIVORS, PROSICUTED! Then go out at different times of the day or evening and waste some rounds of ammo. This worked great for me. Its kinda funny to hear stories people make up about you after hearing a lot of gun shots at different times of the day or evening. . . John

That kind of reminds me of the one time for work I had to approach various landowners about property access. I saw a sign on a gate that read, "Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again". Needless to say, I didn't bother the person.

Last edited:
   / Trespassing signs #158  

It is really no surprise, look at the amount of garbage laying along the roads and highways. Lots of disgusting pigs out there that think their car/truck window is the opening to a bottomless trash can.

/ Trespassing signs #159  
Just the society we live in. People do not respect other people's possessions. They don't care if they trash it, its not theirs. Just look at those people in that occupy movement. They dont care what they trash.

/ Trespassing signs #160  
It is really no surprise, look at the amount of garbage laying along the roads and highways. Lots of disgusting pigs out there that think their car/truck window is the opening to a bottomless trash can.
This is one of the main reasons I started posting my property (300 acres). Few bad apples in the hiker and ATV crowds that raise hec, build fires and leave their trash. Situation just kept getting worse. I've caught many trespassers since the posters went up but let most go with a warning. Did press charges on three occasions -- $300 fine plus costs for each offense.