Trespassing signs

/ Trespassing signs #161  
I once worked for Lion Country Safari animal theme park. We had signs reading "No Trespassing: Violators Will Be Eaten" - and sold them for souvenirs. We had no trespassing issues with 15 foot, patrolled fences.

I have 120 acres posted. I'm almost landlocked, so my neighbors stop almost all trespassers, and rough topography helps. The guys I allow to hunt also come out randomly to keep an eye on the land for me too. Good hunters make good guardians.

/ Trespassing signs #162  
I would like to resurrect this thread to post my favorite No Trespassing sign, not because I really think it would be effective, but only because I've never seen another one like it.

However, I do have to warn that it contains profanity (bad words!), so please don't click on the link if you're the sensitive type or are easily offended:

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af225/atvjumpers/DSCN5880.jpg

I wonder if there's ever been a study done about what kind of wording on signs best keeps out trespassers -- that would be interesting. :)

/ Trespassing signs #163  
I would like to resurrect this thread to post my favorite No Trespassing sign, not because I really think it would be effective, but only because I've never seen another one like it.

However, I do have to warn that it contains profanity (bad words!), so please don't click on the link if you're the sensitive type or are easily offended:

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af225/atvjumpers/DSCN5880.jpg

I wonder if there's ever been a study done about what kind of wording on signs best keeps out trespassers -- that would be interesting. :)

I wouldn't use that sign, but I'd sure like to know what is effective, and why.

/ Trespassing signs #164  
There was a study. The best signs were those that looked like a gov't put them up. The signs were metal, on a metal post (not a fence post), listed the tresspassing laws by number, and the maximum penalty.

Samples of that style in the photos below.

Bruce

View attachment 272229 View attachment 272230

/ Trespassing signs #165  
There was a study. The best signs were those that looked like a gov't put them up. The signs were metal, on a metal post (not a fence post), listed the tresspassing laws by number, and the maximum penalty.

Bruce

Thank you, Bruce! That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Would you happen to have any idea what state agency could be contacted to make state-specific signs like that?

I like the cutesy No Trespassing signs as well as the next person but want to spend my money on effectiveness and durability.

/ Trespassing signs #168  
I had this sign made at a local sign shop. Been up for a few years and still looks great. It's vinyl on aluminum plate. Think the cost was $20.00

Attachments

• PostedSigns 002.jpg
    PostedSigns 002.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 148
   / Trespassing signs #169  
Some people down the road were burglarized while they were at church. They put up a sign by their gate saying "Smile! You're on video camera!" and haven't had any problems since.

Another sign I like, especially near the house, is a human silhouette target with some bullet holes in it. The text on it says, "There's nothing here worth dying for."

/ Trespassing signs #170  
We shoot every 3 tresspasser, the second one just left.