Truck VS Trailer

/ Truck VS Trailer #51  
You'd think they'd loose money on that. Are the lifetime plates for cars and trucks also? I got to wonder if folks would keep a car or truck longer if you have lifetime plates. I'm guessing the plate is tied to the vehicle not the person buying it, so you would not be able to transfer plates if you traded in your vehicle.
WV has a personal property tax. If you own a motor home or boat, car etc. You have to pay a personal property tax on it every year BEFORE you can buy tags for it. I'm told we in Ohio pay as much or more in total taxes but the WV personal property tax struck a wrong cord with me.

Moon of Ohio

/ Truck VS Trailer #52  
Used to be permanent plates for trailers in Quebec...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't think that he is from Canada. I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada & we can't do that nor do I know any province here that you can do that "legally" )</font>

/ Truck VS Trailer #53  
Kevin; I'm in the same boat as you with Jennies trailer tags. Also add in an additional $200 for my two pickemups. Our advocate in Lansing [good ol' Jennie that is] reminds of whats partially wrong with the newer generations of kids and a lot of younger adults, immediate gratification and live only for the moment. You can bet that when Lansing figures out that it's better to have an annual trickle of license dollars instead of a shot in the arm, we'll be back to annual tags. Or maybe they'll really show their stupidity and makes us get lifetime tags on our cars and trucks. Soon you'll have to mortgage your house and your first born child just so you can drive your vehicle. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Truck VS Trailer
<font color="red"> My brother saw the most unique thing to haul a tractor on the other day.

It was an old model T Ford truck with a roll back bed. </font>

/ Truck VS Trailer #56  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="red"> My brother saw the most unique thing to haul a tractor on the other day.

It was an old model T Ford truck with a roll back bed. </font> )</font>

I don't think it would have the capacity to hold an average tractor, would it?

/ Truck VS Trailer #57  
I had to read all the posts in this thread to find out way it got bumped but I'm glad I did since it brings back memories.
Back in 1990 I used to haul my mother in laws landscape JD1020 in the back of my 18' International box truck w/2500# lift gate.
I would put the rear wheels on the lift and raise them to about 2' below the bed and then I could back up and lower the gate and put the front wheels on and lift them. Then I would back it all the way in against the implements already in the nose. A quick chain down and nobody knew that it was in there when the truck sat on a construction site.

The only problem that I had was bending of the gate surface where it had rusted. A bit of welding to replace the steel in that area corrected the problem.

Now fast forward...I'm going to start towing my Ford 960 on a tow bar, the place that I live is maxed out on trailers so I can't get another one to haul the tractor the low speed and few miles that I need it. Then too, if I need something from the house I'll have my truck.

/ Truck VS Trailer #58  
LBrown59 said:
Anyone transport your tractor with a truck instead of a trailer?

Like this?

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/91573-no-need-trailer-when-hauling.html

65695d1165535750-no-need-trailer-when-hauling-picture-020.jpg