Truck VS Trailer

/ Truck VS Trailer #31  
There's something fishy going on there. I know license plates vary in price, depending what they are used for (commercial, historical, trailer, RV, etc.), but I don't know of ANY plates in Ohio that are only five dollars.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Truck VS Trailer #32  
How much does it cost to transfer plates from one vehicle to another?

/ Truck VS Trailer #33  
<font color="blue"> How much does it cost to transfer plates from one vehicle to another? </font>

The registration on the truck I just sold is good until August 2005. If I were to buy another truck, it would only cost a couple of dollars ($2.25, I think) to transfer those plates to the new truck.

However, the poster said <font color="red"> "Plates cost me $5.00 a year and can be used on any car truck or trailer I own and can be switched from one vehicle to another."</font>, and I'm hoping he can respond to clear up my confusion on the five dollar plates.

/ Truck VS Trailer #34  
The poster who state he has $5 plates that he can place on different vehicles at will is located "First orginized permanent settlement in the northwest territory" (Canada?) where I would assume the laws are different from Ohio.

Jim

/ Truck VS Trailer #35  
I believe that refers to Marietta Ohio.
If that is the case, you all are correct. Trailer liscense fees there are way more than $5. Maybe he is dividing the cost per each trailer used (ie: paid $15, then used the plates on 3 different trailers).
My plates expire and need renewed in Dec. For my boat trailer I wait until June to renew it so I only pay for 1/2 a year. That costs me around 15 bucks, but that is at Meigs county prices. In Ohio each county sets there own price.

Moon of Ohio

/ Truck VS Trailer #36  
I don't think that he is from Canada. I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada & we can't do that nor do I know any province here that you can do that "legally"

/ Truck VS Trailer
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't think that he is from Canada. I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada & we can't do that nor do I know any province here that you can do that "legally" )</font>
In the USA
You can find such plates at any place that sells cars and trucks.

/ Truck VS Trailer #38  
L.B. WHAT are you talking about? We're referring to license plates, and not one of us here has ever heard of a state where you can purchase them for $5, and you certainly can not legally switch them between vehicles/trailers.
Please clarify. John

/ Truck VS Trailer #39  
<font color="blue"> In the USA
You can find such plates at any place that sells cars and trucks. </font>

You can get a temporary tag in Ohio when you purchase a vehicle, but it expires in 30 days and it is only valid for the vehicle that it is issued for.

Now where in Ohio can you get a license plate for five dollars a year that you can legally move from one vehicle to another?
I'm trying to be polite, but please quit being vague about it and give us a straight answer.

/ Truck VS Trailer #40  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> In the USA
You can find such plates at any place that sells cars and trucks. </font>

......................I'm trying to be polite, but please quit being vague about it and give us a straight answer. )</font>

Andy....... LB only knows how to give small snippet of answers and use the quote feature for the rest of his posts. When the quote isn't long enough, I have noticed that he has gone to putting in a lot of white space so his posts will be noticed. I have my own theory....... LB Brown might be interred in the state penitentiary and he is making his own license plates and he only has to pay for materials???? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif That would also account for his strange way of posting.....