Upgrade from CK2610 to DK5310?

/ Upgrade from CK2610 to DK5310? #1  

So7577

Tractor
Kioti DK5310SE
Hello. New here and long time lurker. I got my first tractor on June 2nd, a CK2610 and as of now have about 154 hours on it. I have been wanting more HP for wood chipping and thinking about upgrading to a ck4020. The dealer told me that it would be worth my while to check out the DK series as the price isn't that much more. They have a 2022 DK5320 on the lot and said they would give me me a deal on it. How much bigger is this machine over the ck? Is there a noticable size difference? I noticed the open station was wider, bigger back tires and obviously higher hp. He said the transmission is a lot stronger too. I do a lot working of work moving dirt, grapple work and in the woods clearing. I like the manuverability of the ck. Do you think I should upgrade to the dk? In case you are womdering, I have a little more than three acres, but help out the neighbors as well.

I should say that I live in texas where the ground is extremely hard and difficult to dig in. I occasionaly use a tooth bar with my current machine.

Last edited:
   / Upgrade from CK2610 to DK5310? #2  
I think you answered your own question. It is wider, longer and higher. Not by a huge amount, but is noticeable. It’s a good size to work in the woods, but there are spots where a smaller ck will fit in where a dk wont. Same for ck though, some spots it can’t go where a smaller CX..CS or subcompact can.

The DK has more weight and power, a subframe for the loader and increased loader and 3pt lifting ability.

But really, it is up to you to decide if it is a good size for your 3 acre lot.

/ Upgrade from CK2610 to DK5310? #3  
I went from a 30hp open station B7800 to a 45hp cabbed NX4510. I do work in the bush and the size difference does make maneuvering in the trees more difficult. If I am only using the mower in the trees, I either take the bucket off or the entire front end loader. That helps a lot. I also move a lot of dirt. That's where I really enjoy the size and hp. There is always a trade off. Wish I never sold the B7800. In my opinion the hp is the winner over maneuverability. In a perfect world, 2 tractors!!:)

/ Upgrade from CK2610 to DK5310? #4  
I have a DK5010. Great tractor. Moved up from a 30 HP Kioti. Appreciate the extra power, traction, and larger bucket which is great for moving snow. It is longer and wider which requires more attention and care in maneuvering near objects. It has 8 forward speeds - 4 speed transmission and high and low range. There are times I would prefer having a lower gear option, especially when using my snow blower in heavy snow.

/ Upgrade from CK2610 to DK5310? #5  
So7577, welcome to the forum! How near are you to your dealer's lot? First thing I'd do is hop on that DK5010 before it's gone and maneuver it all around the lot. My guess is you'll find the loss in maneuverability pales in comparison to the gain in weight, power and FEL capacity with the larger frame size.

I don't know how good the "deal" is that your dealer's offering on the DK, and that of course matters a lot. But 154 hrs on your CK2610 is enough time to know its capabilities for your needs. That nagging feeling of remorse that you went too small is not likely to change with more hours. So this might be one of those rare opportunities for a do-over without too much pain. 🤔

Some data points. My open-station CK3510SE is the same frame size as your CK2610. I believe it may have the same engine too, but yours being detuned to the lower horsepower. I keep my 60" Everything Attachments grapple on it for convenience. A couple of weeks ago when I needed to load some very heavy timber onto a dump truck, I couldn't get it started at the last minute (due, it turned out, to a shot battery). I borrowed my neighbor's DK5310SE/cab with his 60" EA grapple to get the job done. His DK has the big Titan R3 turf tires on it, which makes it much wider than my CK, even with the CK's turf tires. The difference in maneuverablity was barely noticeable going around some trees in the paddock, through a gate, and maneuvering behind the barn to where the dump truck was parked. That's even with the DK's added cab, which reduces spacial awareness a bit compared to open-station. To be sure, my CK would have done the job. But the DK is one frame size larger and I appreciated the increase in power and in the lifting height of its FEL.

I also have an NX4510HST/cab, which is one frame size larger still, so I have a fair sense of the differences in these three Kioti frame sizes. Given your substantial experience with your CK2610, I think a test drive in the DK will be enough to tell you whether the move would be right for your needs.

One thing to keep in mind when thinking about going up in rated power from your CK2610, regardless of whether it's to a larger CK model or the DK: You'll be moving to a Tier 4 DPF regeneration system, for better or worse. It's not an issue at all for me, but some owners just don't want to have to deal with the emissions control requirements.

/ Upgrade from CK2610 to DK5310?
I have buyers remorse on not going with more hp, but otherwise the ck has been amazing. Everything here in Texas is far. Well, there are JD and Kubota dealers close by, but I am not interested in spending that loot. I was quoted 32k for a 3025e with loader. I got the CK 2610, w/ 5' box blade, grapple, tires filled, third function, rear remotes, hydraulic top link and linked pedals for 28k shipped to my house. The dealer is about an hour drive. I sat on and drove the DK5310 and it felt almost the same, just bigger. I compared the specs on the kioti site and they are very close. They are giving me a deal on a 2022 with 1 hour on the clock because the paint on the hood is badly sun damaged. I honesly think I can compound that out. They quoted me 16k trade for the CK2610 and 19k for the DK with tires filled, R14 tires, 3rd function and linked pedals installed. I want a DK20 series for the loader joystick, but that is a big jump in price for basically the same thing. Im a big guy at 6'5, so the loader joystick on the DK10 didn't seem that annoying. The added power would be nice to have especially when trying to chip a 6" log. Im planning on this being my now and future tractor as I will keep it for a long time. The DPF isn't a big deal for me and it is covered under warranty. When it is out of warranty, I will just have it deleted.

i think the upgrade would be worth my while. Ill update you when I pull the trigger. Thanks for all your input.

Last edited:
   / Upgrade from CK2610 to DK5310? #7  
Texas is big. What part of the state? We're not far from Lake Bob Sandlin in NE Texas.

Bigger is usually better. Make sure it fits in places you need it to fit.

Good luck. The DK series seemed like a good machine.

/ Upgrade from CK2610 to DK5310?
I am just west of Austin.

/ Upgrade from CK2610 to DK5310? #9  
I hope you're far enough away that you don't get annexed by the city.

/ Upgrade from CK2610 to DK5310? #10  
I love my CK, but threads like this make me eye the DK and NS...