Using drawbar to support ballast on 2310?

/ Using drawbar to support ballast on 2310? #31  
If you can't get beet juice, then get RV/Marine antifreeze, the pink stuff. It's PET SAFE too, and is not corrosive.
I used winter formula windshield washer fluid because economically it came out to be less. I bought it at Advanced Auto and I was able to use a like $20 off online coupon on it as well.

/ Using drawbar to support ballast on 2310? #32  
I understand that you want semi-permanent rear ballast. Rear ballast and still have the use of the 3-point and PTO.

I would suggest - fluid in the rear tires and rear wheel weights. Some form of jerry-rigged ballast on the draw bar could become a problem.

/ Using drawbar to support ballast on 2310? #33  
I used winter formula windshield washer fluid because economically it came out to be less. I bought it at Advanced Auto and I was able to use a like $20 off online coupon on it as well.

The only downside is, it too is corrosive. It will eat paint. ;) The new formulas are greatly reduced methanol and use higher concentrations of ethanol.

Sadly, this new ethanol formula over time will dissolve natural rubber (aka tires) and take the paint off the inside of the rims. Nitrile rubber is compatible to those types of alcohols and fuels. With that said, all the washer fluid systems in vehicles are plastic tubing and nitrile o-rings and gaskets. Tires are not nitrile based.

This all took effect back in 2014 when the UN declared methanol as a harmful chemical. Many companies had to change their formulas, even Rain-X. And that is why Rain-X is a bit weaker to apply vs. prior to the reg. changes.

Window Washer Fluid is listed as an RCRA hazardous waste (U154).

Last edited:
   / Using drawbar to support ballast on 2310? #34  
Wheel weights I adapted onto the YM186D. Some weight is needed to use the loader at full capacity.

The net effect after installing these weights and removing the water from the tires, was a less harsh ride. And I think improved traction.

Iron weights or loaded tires, are less strain on the tractor because none of the weight is carried by the chassis.

p1650243rwweightinstalled-jpg.226028

/ Using drawbar to support ballast on 2310? #35  
The only downside is, it too is corrosive. It will eat paint. ;) The new formulas are greatly reduced methanol and use higher concentrations of ethanol.

Sadly, this new ethanol formula over time will dissolve natural rubber (aka tires) and take the paint off the inside of the rims. Nitrile rubber is compatible to those types of alcohols and fuels. With that said, all the washer fluid systems in vehicles are plastic tubing and nitrile o-rings and gaskets. Tires are not nitrile based.

This all took effect back in 2014 when the UN declared methanol as a harmful chemical. Many companies had to change their formulas, even Rain-X. And that is why Rain-X is a bit weaker to apply vs. prior to the reg. changes.

Window Washer Fluid is listed as an RCRA hazardous waste (U154).

This was all well prior to 2014. Mine was methonol one cause I remember looking it up and two cause the parts store counter kid made a joke to my wife (who picked up my order) what were we going to do with all this washer fluid, make Meth!!??? I have no idea how to make meth but I don't think washer fluid is used....just happens to have the same prefix in the word 🤣 .

But that is good info, I had no idea they swapped to ethonol, which I know eats rubber. Thanks for my knowledge and for those who didn't know.

Last edited: