What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor??

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #1  

LostintheNW

Tractor
None yet
I've got another thread running looking for help to decide between 2 tractors. But this thread is to address all the features, options, I should add while buying the tractor, because as I become more experienced and use the tractor more and more I'll find "I sure wish I had added _ _ _ _ _ feature"!!!!! I've been reading another fellows thread but he's got a serious 50 hp tractor. I'm just peanuts compared, 36 or 38 hp.

I'm only on 2.5 acres. But I'll be doing a LOT of land work building out my shop/apartment. A LOT of fence building. I have a gravel drive that needs to be maintained. I have lots of timber that continuously sheds branches/debris. (landscaping rake)

Implements I plan on looking for on Craigs list. No sense buying new.

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #2  
A front end loader.
SSQA on the loader.
Pallet forks.
Hydrostatic transmission.

I'm assuming you're talking about a 4wd tractor. Otherwise that'd be at the top of the list.

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #3  
Make sure you load the tires if they are not already. Helps with traction and almost needed if you get a front end loader.

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #4  
I am looking at tractors right now and I would add a thumb for the backhoe and or a brush or root grapple.
Best
Chris

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor??
Yup, that's one of the things I knew I wanted. It's a mechanical thumb. Thanks.

Yes definitely 4 x 4. As far as loading the tires, dealer said, if they do it, they tack on a fee to take the tractor to the tire store to have it done. Cheaper if I deliver it myself to have done.

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #7  
Add as many remotes as you can.. You will use them.

Murph I've seen mention about remotes. What exactly is that??

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #9  
A front end loader.
SSQA on the loader.
Pallet forks.
Hydrostatic transmission.

I'm assuming you're talking about a 4wd tractor. Otherwise that'd be at the top of the list.

Good suggestions...I would had: welded hooks on the bucket
hydraulic connection(quick couplers) at the back
telescopic lower links (makes coupling implement far easier)
rear work lights
toolbox
loaded back tires for ballast & traction
if not hydro...go for syncro shuttle (no clutching to change direction)
That's about what I can think of, I'm sure others will offer great ideas also.
Black

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #10  
Murph I've seen mention about remotes. What exactly is that??
The controls for optional hydraulic operations:
Top - extends/retracts the top link (lowers/raises the back of an implement on the 3pt)
Tilt - extends/retracts one side link (usually the right hand side - tilts the 3pt implement)
Offset - higher end back blades offer hydraulic offset, moving the entire implement to one side or the other of the tractor
Angle - again, higher end back blades offer hydraulic control of the angle of the blade
Rippers - box blades can come with hydraulic control of raising/lowering the rippers
Grapple - on the FEL end you can control a grapple
Snowblower - some offer hydraulic control of the discharge chute

You need remotes (valves/spools) to control these. All are optional, unless you need them! Figure what you will actually need and get that many remotes with the tractor. They can be added later, but the 1st (and often the 2nd) remote are often better installed at time of purchase.